Beautiful

Draco comforts Y/n after she feels insecure about her weight.

Plus Size

Insecurity of weight

It had been a really long day. Classes had been boring, and breaks had been dull without her boyfriend around. Exams were a week away, and Draco was studying all the time to try and maintain his high grades, his parents wanting him to be top of classes. This meant that Y/n hardly got any time with him.

They had been going out for six months, everything still remained new. Draco treated Y/n nicer than he has treated anyone else in his life and still with the same amount of love since their first date. He brings her flowers, buys her chocolates and isn't shy from holding her hand or kissing her cheek in front of anyone, he actually encourages it. He adores Y/n with his entire heart and anyone would be an idiot to not notice it.

However, being Draco's girlfriend had it's difficulties. It attracted unwanted attention. Due to being plus sized, this didn't go well with the bullies of the school. Comments were made throughout her time in Hogwarts, which didn't seem to stop when she became Draco Malfoy's girlfriend. In fact, it made it worse. But Draco was also her boyfriend, which meant he never ignored those remarks they would spit. Threats will fall out his mouth and his pale face would turn red with fury as he tells off the idiot who thought it was funny to hurt Y/n's feelings.

Draco may not be an angel when it came to complimenting people, he used to be quite the bully himself, but he had never made a negative remark about Y/n's weight, only calling her beautiful as she is and she shouldn't change for other's lack of logic, which was both true.

So when Y/n is walking back to her dorm with her friends, her tired eyes need to catch a glimsp of her boyfriend for at least one second of her day, she decides to break from the group to go meet Draco, who had been absent from dinner again. Knocking at his door a couple of times, desperate for a hug from him in the cold air of the dungeons, Y/n waits patiently, no movement evident within the room. She waits for nearly a minute before knocking once more, this time Y/n can hear a grumble from Draco on the other side of the door and shuffling, "bloody hell" he grunts as he swinges the door open, his expression that starts angry and aggravated turns into something sweeter at the sight of his girlfriend.

"Baby, what are you doing here?" he asks, kissing Y/n's cheek and stepping aside to let her in, but instead, she rushes to wrap her arms around his waist while he chuckles, wrapping his over her shoulders, tucking his head next to hers as they embrace at the entrance to his room, "I missed you" is all she replies, muffled into his chest as she squeezes him lightly.

He pulls away to cup her face, placing a soft kiss to her lips, smiling widely in return as he stares at her, "you look gorgeous" he compliments, placing another quick kiss after she replies with a sincere "thank you" before he pulls away from her to allow her to walk in. Draco closes the door behind her while she removes her shoes at the side of the bed, placing down her robes on his desk chair. He watches as Y/n moves to his bed to sit down on, placing her bag next to her, "do you still have to study?" asks Y/n, to which Draco nods in reply, her head dropping to observe her fingers that fidget in her lap.

Walking over to gently pull her chin to look back at him, Draco gives her an apologetic smile, rubbing his thumb over her cheek, before striding back to his desk, not a word said.

Draco sits down, sighing inherently as he flips to the next page of his textbook and presses his quill in the ink as he continues his notes, without turning his head as he begins writing he asks, "so how was your day, darling?" Y/n steps from the bed to then lie on her on her front, her hands sliding up the silk sheets as she takes out her own notebook filled with study notes thinking, if Draco is going to study, I may as well.

They have a brief and pleasant conversation about their day before falling into a comfortable silence as they study. Draco, who is in his white dress shirt with his sweatervest covering him, is at first oblivious to his shivering girlfriend behind him, but she doesn't say anything. Y/n wore her school uniform which included her knit jumper but she was still cold from the underground part of the school.

It had been half an hour, just as Y/n was contemplating whether to leave to change into something more warm, Draco turned his head around with a bright expression, suddenly remembering how Crabbe had fell on his way to potions and instinctively grabbed Snape's robe on his fall which earned him detention. The laughter that already spluttered out his mouth from the memory replaying in his head as he itches to tell his girlfriend had slowly vanished, "Merlin, Y/n, you're shaking! are you cold?" he asks her in concern.

"Yes, I am, I should go back to my room and get another jumper" she suggests, sitting up straight in his bed and leans over the bed to get her shoes. "Nonsense! just wear one of mine" he swiftly stands from his seat and all colour immediately drains from Y/n's face, her heart rapidly beating at his idea as he walks over to his dresser, "no, It's alright, I'll be two minutes-", "no need, take my jumper, you don't need to walk back to your own room" he gently throws his own clothing onto her lap, his voice was nonchalent, making the girl more upset. It wasn't that easy.

Draco sits back down on his seat, his back facing her. After a moment he pulls his hand from where his head rested as he looks back over to his girlfriend. Y/n hadn't moved, she stared down at the jumper, vision fastly became blurry from the sweet gesture he tried to provide. "Darling, what's wrong? do you not like that one? I have more-" he stands up to go back to his wooden dresser but Y/n cuts him off, "it's not that" her voice was so soft and barely audible, but still caused Draco's movements to freeze as he faces her once again, worried at what had made her so quickly sad.

"Then what is it?" his question came out quietly, as if not to scare her. Y/n inhales a sharp breath before speaking, "I won't be able to fit into your clothes" she sighs, his eyebrows that were previously furrowed in confusion fall back into their natural place as realisation hits him, his eyes showing remorse for what the miniature action may have caused in return.

"Oh, Y/n, I'm sorry, I didn't mean-" he cuts himself off by the sight of her covering her face as tears fall from her eyes. He walks over, grabbing his jumper from her lap and throwing it behind him as he kneels in front of her to rest his hands on her either side of her. Resting his forehead on the fingertips that touch her own forehead. "Baby, I didn't think, I'm an idiot" he spoke. His heart was breaking at the sounds of her attempt at holding her sobs. 

For years, it was others that made her upset like this over her weight, but never him. Even though it wasn't intentional, he still felt his worse at the view of the love of his life breaking down over something he absentmindedly did.

"It's not you, I'm just.." Y/n trails off as she pulls her hands away, Draco retracting his head to look into her red smudged eyes, as her tears continued to fall, his hands immediately leaning up to wipe them away, "you're just what?" he encourages, "baby, talk to me" he speaks when she shakes her head, "fed up", "what do you mean?" Draco urges her to proceed, "I'm fed up feeling like this, you can't even have a girlfriend that fits your clothes!" she exclaims, her arms gesturing as he grips her wrists to stop. "Y/n, I don't-", "are you not embarrassed being with me? you hear what everyone says about me being with you" she pulls from Dracos hold, standing up to walk over to the window.

"You're getting in your own head, Y/n, don't let those idiots that have no braincells lead you to believe these things" Draco speaks as he walks a few steps behind her, "it isn't that simple, Draco" Y/n answers, staring towards the light water outside, she could feel his stare in the back of her head. "Can I speak?" Draco asks, with the girl's nod he resumes, "you are so beautiful, my love. I swear, everytime I see you it is like the first time I laid eyes on you. To me, it doesn't matter what weight you are, as long as you are healthy and happy then I have nothing to complain. Beauty isn't a certain weight, and you are wonderful just as you are" Y/n completely melts at his words, turning around and sniffling as she dries her cheeks from the remaining tears, walking over to wrap her arms around his neck as his snake around her waist.

Her eyes were wide and in disbelief of the kind words, "really?" she asks, and he nods, one hand reaching up for the last time to wipe away the tears that begin to dry on her cheeks, his smile warm and inviting, "really, I love you, my beautiful girl".