No Kisses

Scorpius doesn't want Draco to kiss Y/n when he returns from work.

Post-War

Dad Draco mention, Scorpius being semi-whiny

Apparating outside of their family house, surrounded by the crunched, golden leaves that fell from the trees in the Autumn climate, Draco can hear the soft music flow from the open windows that allow the cool breeze through. He lets out a sigh, relieved to be away from the chaos of the Ministry and back to the calming atmosphere of his and Y/n's home, their only son Scorpius turning them into the family he has always wanted with her.

Opening the already-unlocked door, Draco walks in quietly, not to disturb whatever they were doing inside, taking his keys from his blazer pocket and onto the dish, kicking off his shoes and hanging his things up on the coathook, his eyes never leaving the kitchen entrance where he can hear his wife absentmindedly talking to their son.

Draco walks over, loosening his tie and unbuttoning his top shirt button to be able to feel more comfortable, a smile overtaking his face when he sees Y/n holding Scorpius in her arms. The three-year-old boy holding the box of cereal near the size of him as she instructs him to pour it carefully into the bowl.

The boy begins to pour it rather abruptly into his bowl, sending the chocolate hoops around the countertop, but before Y/n can reply, they turn to the chuckle Draco lets out at the scene before him. "It's four in the evening. Why is he having cereal?" he asks Y/n with an amused smile covering his face as Scorpius gasps in the joy that his father was home.

As much as Scorpius loved his dad, he was always his mother's boy and had gotten to the stage where he was attached to her hip. Draco spending his countless days off comforting the crying boy as Y/n goes to work, or coming home from his job to see the temporary babysitter, Harry Potter, holding the boy with his glasses unbalanced, jumper rustled with his hair standing up from the obvious yanking Scorpius has given it, "he really misses Y/n" he would say. Now Y/n had a week off from her work, and he had never seen such a grin on the boy's face, and he was a very happy and well-treated lad as it was.

"Because he said your pasta is boring", Y/n teases back, trying to hide her laughter at his offended return of expression. "Excuse me, darling, you seemed to enjoy it the other day when I had to wipe the leftover sauce from your forehead because you licked the bowl", Draco kids his child, stepping closer to pinch his hips playfully as he thrashes in his mother's arms with a loud giggle.

"Can I have my cereal with chocolate milk?" Scorpius asks with a glance to Draco, "I don't see why not but ask your mother" Y/n sighs at her husband's reply, "you're supposed to say no he's asked me five times..." she trails off as she looks to her son, "you can have your normal milk and then a glass of chocolate milk afterwards" Y/n tries to propose. Scorpius lets out a little huff in response but doesn't argue with her.

"Hey," Draco suddenly speaks, dragging his wife's attention back to him. Her eyes look up to his, and he feels his heart swell, still to this day she takes his breath away at her utter beautifulness, "hi" Y/n answers, her smile growing as Draco leans in to kiss her, one hand moving from holding Scorpius to the back of Draco's neck, but they both reopen their eyes when a small hand is placed against his mouth, using its minimal force to push him back. They both look at Scorpius, who pouts towards his dad, "no kisses".

Draco tries to respond, his words muffled from his son's hand still clamped over his mouth, "I want to kiss mummy, I've had a long day, you know her kisses always help bad moods". Although, since returning home, Draco hasn't been close to a bad mood, but he still wanted to welcome Y/n with a quick kiss as he had missed her, but Scorpius doesn't allow it. Crossing his arms, Y/n laughs, her fingers gently playing with the hair on the back of Draco's neck as he tries to lean into her once again, but the boy shouts this time, "no!" moving his hand to cover his dad's mouth once again.

"Watch it..." Draco half teases from Scorpius' attitude as Y/n turns her attention back to the boy, "why don't you sit at the table, Scorpius? I'll finish the cereal" she places him on the floor as he runs to the dining table, sitting down patiently. "Merlin, me and that boy are the same person; we both absolutely adore you", Draco whispers into Y/n's side as she pulls the milk from the fridge and pours it into the bowl, letting out a laugh at his response.

"Don't kiss mummy, daddy", Scorpius interrupts from his seat, watching his dad talking to his mother's side. Draco nods at his son in agreement as Y/n brings the food to their son before walking back over, "Draco, let me show you the parcel that came today", Y/n implies, walking out to the hall as Draco follows, glancing back at his son, both narrowing their eyes towards each other as the father leaves the room and to Y/n's side.

Draco smiles at his wife, whose hands move to find the back of his neck, pulling him into a short but very welcoming kiss as he holds onto Y/n's waist, trying to pull her closer as the kiss lengthens. Just as they pull away, Draco sitting his forehead against hers, Scorpius speaks from the kitchen, "no kisses, daddy". Draco closes his eyes and inhaling a deep breath to compose himself, hands rubbing Y/n's side, reopening them when he hears Y/n laugh and placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

While gently petting the side of his hair smooth it out, Y/n says, "plenty of kisses for later on, don't worry, Mr Malfoy", before they both walk back into the kitchen to chat with Scorpius.