However, none of the people who had dampened him expected it to turn out like this, which aroused Xu Ran's fighting spirit.

Xu Ran began by looking for materials and then creating a model, according to his memories. He would pay someone on the street to assist him if he didn't know how to accomplish it. Xu Ran's early preparation was completed after a few days of hard labor, and the final step was all that was left. This phase determined whether or not he would succeed.

He had proportionally dispersed all of the materials before mixing them together. Then he shaped it into a honeycomb with the model and waited for the Honeycomb briquettes to dry. It means he made it if it may burn when it dried.

In the mansion's yard, there were rows of Honeycomb briquettes. He had put forth all of his efforts, and now all he could do was wait.

Xu Ran, on the other hand, did not wait in the yard. He continued to go outside because he wanted to open the hot pot restaurant as soon as possible so he could capitalize on the current trend of supplying hot pot to beggars at the city gate.

At the same time, the courtyard they lived in also had to be decorated. Apart from large furniture such as beds and cupboards, everything else was still needed.

The entire family went shopping at the same time. They bought goods that they liked. Everything they had picked up will be delivered the next day to their home. When they were nearly done buying, Xu Ran instructed Liu Tong and Shao Yu to take care of the kitchen.

Shao Yu and Gao Quan were considered family members by Xu Ran, yet King Yan was more obligated to look after them. After all, they were under his father's orders, and living in King Yan's house must have made them feel terribly restricted. It was more convenient for them to stay here. When Xu Ran asked for their thoughts, they accepted without hesitation.

Xu Ran reasoned that having two more people at home would make things more lively than usual. In addition, he and Liu Tong would be insufficient for the hotpot restaurant. Shao Yu and Gao Quan were more suitable because hiring employees was difficult at start. King Yan understood exactly what they were thinking because they were willing to leave with Xu Ran.

So he wouldn't do anything useless.

The décor of two locations took place at the same time, with the location where they lived being speedier. They should only open the hotpot restaurant after they've moved in.

After three or four days in the yard, Honeycomb briquettes were virtually dry. Xu Ran took one to the kitchen to try it out. It had the potential to burn, but it was quickly extinguished. At the time, Xu Ran considered it a failure. He would be sad after such a massive amount of work. He was so angry that he wanted to toss the remaining Honeycomb briquettes into the yard.

Liu Tong immediately stopped him, "Ran, don't be like this. It's most likely because they aren't dry enough to be burned. Wait a couple more days, don't worry. Yanzhou is cold, and there is still frost on the ground in the morning. It'll certainly dampen the coals. Put it on the fire for a while. And let's see if it can burn up after it's dry. Okay?"

Xu Ran was embarrassed to conduct rash actions after hearing Liu Tong's gentle encouragement. He agreed to place the Honeycomb coals beside the fireplace. Xu Ran went to retrieve two stools for Liu Tong and himself, then sat down beside to the fire to wait for the Honeycomb coals to dry.

Xu Ran took them with tongs to burn after they had roasted for a while, but it wouldn't burn no matter what, even if it was placed in the midst. After almost an hour, Xu Ran couldn't sit still. He hurled the tongs into the trash and stormed out of the kitchen, angry.