Chapter 26 S: Transferred

A week after the Toga incident Principal Nezu called Shinso and his parents to his office. He walked into the room feeling nervous. He wiped his palms on his pants and took a deep yet silent breath. He knew that this meeting was about his fight with Dabi and was worried that he was in trouble for battling him. It was self defence (and the protection of Kaminari) but nerves were taking over his body replacing all common sense.

He sat on his chair which was surprisingly comfortable. His parents, he was still not used to calling them that, followed him in and sat down on either side of him. Shinso did not want to be in trouble so soon after having dads. Eri had wanted to come but she wasn't allowed to. He wanted her to be here though, somehow she calmed him down.

Eri had also made him promise to tell her everything. They got along well, it was as if they had been siblings for years. Nezu looked up at them with a smile that he wasn't sure if it reassured him or not. "We have some news for you," the principal announced and he swallowed uneasily, "As of next term you will be joining the hero course."

"What?" Hitoshi repeated. He didn't want to seem rude but he was seriously surprised. This was not what he had expected. It also wasn't everyday that your biggest dream came to. One already had, he had been adopted. It had been a crazy week.

"You'll be joining my class," Aizawa added. Lovingly, he smiled at his son. "We were going to put you in the hero course next year but recent events have proved that we need you in there ASAP. We were also debating what class you should join but it's certain that you'll join 1A. You work well with them and already share a dorm with them. Being taught by your dad won't be a problem either."

Shinso nodded, he didn't know what else to do. Tears pricked the corners of his eyes and it took a lot to keep them from spilling down his face. He realised he was being quite disrespectful and that he should really say something. "Thank you so much."

The joy was clear in his voice. His parents smiled at it. "I'm so proud of you!" Hizashi exclaimed and leaned over to give his son a hug. Shinso was surprised but hugged him back. Next was Aizawa's turn, he had an uncharacteristically big smile on his face.

They left the room and that's when he couldn't do it anymore. Tears flooded from his eyes like a waterfall. "You ok?" Aizawa asked putting an arm around Shinso. He nodded and wiped his eyes. "Yeah it's just I'm so happy." Sobs crawled their way out of his throat and he collapsed to the ground.

They were soon all hugging and his cries eventually turned into laughter which was contagious. The three of them were sitting on the ground laughing. Minutes passed and they stood up, the giggles dying off. And they walked off, parting ways in time.

...

"Shit, Kaminari you won't believe what just happened!" Shinso burst into their dorm startling the blonde boy. He jumped and fell off the bed, the book he was trying to read for homework fell on top of him. "What?" he asked sitting up. Hitoshi kneeled beside him and hugged him.

"I'm going to be in the hero course next year!"
"No way that's amazing! What class will you be in?"

"Yours! I-," he trailed off because he started crying again. "I'm so happy I just can't help it." He leaned into his boyfriend's chest and smiled as tears dripped down his face. Kaminari pet his hair and squeezed him. "I'm happy too. I can't believe you're going to be in 1A! Congratulations, Shin! I love you so, so much!"

He kissed his cheek and grinned. "I love you too," Shinso mumbled and grinned. He chuckled a bit then looked up at Denki and his smile grew. He leaned up and kissed him passionately. They both laughed and pulled away. I am so happy, he thought.