Chapter 23 K: Shinso

Kaminari had never cried so much in his life. He cried even more than when his sister left him. He cried even more than he had ever in his whole life. It was all he could. He hated himself for it, not being able to do anything else other than sit down with his back against a tree and cry.

The 1A dormitory was a few metres away but it was barely visible through the smoke. A part of the building had caught on fire and was currently being put out by the pro hero teachers of UA. More pro heroes were here and several of them were evacuating dorms nearby and alerting all the others of what had happened. The class of 1A had been escorted to a safe place.

All of the students except for the Bakusquad. Kaminari had refused to leave until he knew that Shinso was safe and his friends refused to leave without him. Aizawa had reluctantly agreed to let them stay but only if they were well away from the fire and Dabi. He probably only agreed to it because he understood the teenager's fear of losing Shinso.

Honestly, Kaminari didn't even care though. The only thing he cared about was whether or not his boyfriend would emerge from the smoke made blurry from all his tears. He didn't want to look at it but he couldn't look away. He had to know if Shinso was still alive.

But what if he isn't? If he's dead it would be all my fault. I should've argued with him more. I should have fought Dabi straight away. I should've fought with him, we should've fought together! Why Shinso? Why did you have to sacrifice yourself for me? Why did you mind control me?

Kaminari had tried to fight his quirk as Shinso made him walk away but nothing he did, or tried to do, had worked. He was back in control of his body when he reached the rest of his class. Iida still had not returned yet. Everyone had fussed over him, staying close to their partners, asking if he was ok.

He had attempted to run back but Sero and Mina had grabbed his arms to keep him there. Still, he struggled and even managed to get one of his arms loose. However, Sero used his quirk and tied him up. Just to be safe he also tied him to a tree. At that moment, Iida returned with Aizawa and the other teachers behind them.

The greasy haired man took one look at him and raised his eyebrows in a question. "Shinso!" the blonde boy cried as he struggled to escape. Now they all knew exactly what had happened. "Kaminari," Aizawa said as he kneeled in front of him, "What happened?" His voice was strangely calm and it had annoyed Kaminari so much that he wasn't helping him and saving his son.

"We were going to," he paused to cough as the smoke was still affecting him, "We went to go find Kouda and Mineta inside. We found Kouda but no Mineta. When we left Momo gave us masks and we were going to check for Mineta behind the building then she said that that's probably where the fire started. When we got there Dabi was there and-." He started bawling, tears streaming down his face.

"He had a plan," Kaminari said through tears, "He was going to try and mind control Dabi and I would electrocute him if it didn't go well. But then we got separated by smoke and I fell over and lost my mask. Shin, he found me and then we argued because he wanted me to escape but I wasn't going to leave him! So he mind controlled me to get back here and he was going to fight him all by himself! I need to go back, I need to! Let me go!"

Aizawa looked away from him and told one of the heroes to take the class to a safe spot. "No!" Denki cried, "Please let me stay! I need to know if he's alright!" The homeroom teacher bent down in front of him again. "If I allow you to stay here you will not go back to the fire. Understand?"

Kaminari nodded. "Wait, if Denki's staying here then we are too," Kirishima spoke up. He gestured to the rest of the Bakusquad who nodded their heads in agreement. "Fine," Aizawa sighed but his expression showed how anxious he was. "You lot make sure he doesn't go back to the fire. Also, you can only stay if you go a safe distance away."