Chapter 21 K: Under Attack

Kaminari had always wanted to be a hero and save people. Countless times he had imagined himself carrying helpless citizens out of a fire. One day he had hoped to actually do it but he didn't think the day would come so soon. Not today, not now, not when his life was finally starting to get back on track.

Everything was going to go down in flames if they didn't do something about it. Denki nodded at his boyfriend and they both flew out the door. "You take the 2nd and 3rd floor!" he instructed Shinso, "I'll take the other two!"

Kaminari ran up the stairs knowing that it wasn't a good idea to use the elevator. Instead of running to all the separate rooms he screamed at the top of his lungs so everyone on the fourth floor could hear. "Get out of the building! There's a fire! Hurry up and get out!"

Several people poked their heads out of their rooms with tired expressions. He counted them all making sure all five people were present. "Fire," he yelled again then ran up the stairs to do the same thing with the people on the fifth floor.

He had to burst into Sero's room to get him to wake up but soon they were all running down the stairs then out the door of the dorm. Anxiously, Kaminari searched the familiar faces for his boyfriend. When he found him he practically leaped into his arms.

"Everyone, please calm down!" Iida exclaimed, "Please form and orderly line so I can do a head count." The line was quickly formed and the class rep counted everyone that was present. "Mineta and Kouda are missing!"

In a split second Tenya came up with a plan. "Let's get a buddy system! Two people please go back inside to get Mineta and Kouda. I'll run and get teachers, everyone else stay away from the fire!" And with that he took off. Only then did they realise that they had all left their phones inside.

Everyone got into pairs and they were as following:

- Shinso and Kaminari

- Todoroki and Midoriya

- Bakugo and Kirishima

- Yaoyorozu and Jirou

- Tsuyu and Uraraka

- Sero and Mina

- Ojiro and Hagukure

- Tokoyami and Satou

Aoyama was the only one without a partner, he'd be with Iida when he got back, but for now he was with Tokoyami and Satou.

Arguments started to break out about who would go back inside and whether or not they should try to put the fire out. Shinso and Kaminari nominated themselves and ran back inside while Midoriya was explaining why Todoroki shouldn't put the fire out with ice. "You'd probably freeze the whole building and there's some pretty important stuff in there wed wanna rescue after the fire is put out. Also we don't know if freezing the fire would work. Let's just leave it to the professionals."

The smoke had gotten worse and now it was hard to breathe. They covered their mouths and noses with their shirts and Denki found himself thinking, shoulda asked Momo for some masks. At least the building wasn't on fire yet. The couple searched the whole second floor for Mineta but when they couldn't find him they moved to the third floor.

They found Kouda quickly with his bunny in his arms. It was evident that he had gone back to get it. Kouda ran outside while the other two continued their search for Mienta. However, when they began coughing they decided that they had to get out. Once they were out of the building Momo and Jirou rushed over to them and the black haired girl handed them masks.

"We're just going to check around the back for Mineta," Shin said after nodding his thanks.

"Be careful," Momo replied, "We're pretty sure that's where the fire started." The couple nodded then ran off to hopefully find Mineta. Instead they found something worse, much worse. Dabi was standing there, blue flames coming from his palms and a smirk on his face. Mineta was nowhere to be seen.