Chapter 10 K: My Friend

Those words echoed around in his head. Despite the depressing circumstances he laughed. Denki Kaminari pulled his friend into an even tighter embrace as his bright blonde hair tickled his pale chin. "You're my friend?" he asked slightly nervous that Hitoshi Shinso was joking. His golden eyes met his dark purple ones as they stared at each other intensely, slightly narrowing their eyes.

They couldn't contain their laughter and chuckled for a while before the taller teenager replied, "Of course, dummy. We're close and acted exactly like best friends, everyone else even thought so."

"I thought you hated me."

"Why would I hate you? You are literally the best person I ever met, don't tell them I said this but you're better than Eraserhead and Present Mic."

"Well, you would constantly say you weren't my friend and didn't talk to me that much now that I think of it."

"I've never really talked to people much and I've never had a proper friend before so it's all new to me. I was a fool to not call you my friend before you are so caring and nice and understanding. I honestly can't remember why I was scared to be your friend."

"You... you were scared to be... my friend?" It was slightly strange but it still hurt him quite a bit. What is there to be afraid of? I mean I don't really give of a 'I hate you so much. Villain' vibe. As soon as he had finished thinking that he realised why his friend would be so scared.

At the same time he exclaimed, "Sorry I didn't mean it to sound insulting! I just..." His face turned red as he lowered his head in embarrassment. As soon as he trailed off he hugged the boy again, leaning his head on his chest. They really were doing a lot of hugging today.

"I understand, Shin. It would be hard to call anyone a friend after what you went through."

And talking.

They stayed there for quite a while enjoying the silence, the only sounds being their steady breathing and heart beat as the other listened to it unconsciously. It was quite a calming moment for the young boys as they sat there comfortably in each other's presence.

"The movie!"

"The snacks!" They both yelled in sync before laughing once more. They played the movie and ate the junk food although the ice-cream and chocolate had melted. By the time the movie had ended it was nearly midnight, they really had been talking for a very long time.

Eventually, they had both fallen asleep in a quite uncomfortable position. Their backs leant against the wall as they sat on the blonde's bed. When they wake up they would sure regret sleeping this way.

Their dishes had been left abandoned on the floor while the laptop was still on, not playing anything, casting a bright glow on the sleeping boys. Soft snores filled the room although they were barely audible. This continued for the rest of the night and once again the two insomniacs slept without waking once.

It was around lunch when they woke up but that was only because the Bakusquad had come to check On Denki. The door opened and Mina was the first person in. She gasped at the sight before her. The two boys' heads had fallen down slightly so they were just touching. She eyed Bakugo with a devilish smirk and wiggled her pink eyebrows. The spiky blonde just glared and grumbled.

Suddenly, her phone was in her hand and she took a photo placing them in two folders. The first one was labelled 'Blackmail' while the other was labelled 'Shinso and Kaminari' with a yellow heart and a purple one. When the other two boys walked in they stopped and grinned before sharing a glance and a smirk. It was clear what they were thinking, or best bro got himself a boyfriend!