Chapter 8 K: Night We've All Prepared For

"I, uh, thought you should have it since you had such an ugly blanket before," Hitoshi Shinso muttered. Yellow eyes stared from his to the blanket and back again. "Thanks, Shin! I love it!" Denki Kaminari exclaimed as he rolled himself in the blanket. It smelt like the indigo teenager, vanilla, coffee and a hint of lavender.

It wasn't that long until he fell asleep to the sweet aromas. For once he managed to get a full night of sleep. He may have looked calm on the outside but in the inside he was having a mini panic attack. His nightmares were full of doing something wrong tomorrow night or seeing any of his family there that wasn't his uncle or his sister.

Shin was there too telling him that he was worthless, he'd never be my friend if I was the last person on earth. The League of Villains soon joined in the fun with their creepy stares. Dabi was burning down the dorms with all of his friends trapped inside whilst Toga was laughing like a maniac.

The trapped teenagers were calling his name but his feet wouldn't move. A black portal engulfed him and took him away from his friends. He looked up to see his family grinning like idiots at him with their eyes wide. His brother walked up to him holding out his hand so he could use his quirk on him.

The only people he trusted in his family, his uncle and sister, didn't do anything to help him. In fact they were they were the people that laughed the hardest.

Suddenly, strong arms were gripping his shoulders making him shake and awakening him from his horrible dream. Golden eyes met purple as he stared at his roommate. "Morning, Shin," he yawned as he stretched his arms out.

So it was just a nightmare, a really bad nightmare. The blonde should've told the other boy about his dream but due to his past he had a horrible state of mind. 'If you tell someone they'll look down on you and do all the things your family did' was pretty much how it went. Since he really like the indigo haired boy he didn't tell him so he wouldn't get hurt by him. If he'd told him though, it would've had a positive outcome.

"Morning, Kami," he said sleepily, "I woke you up so we could get ready and leave for the theatre, Aizawa offered to drive us while Present Mic looked after his class until they can come and watch." He noticed that his eye bags were darker than usual and that he kept yawning.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" The taller boy didn't respond just looked off at something guiltily. "Shin! You need to sleep!"

"I couldn't! I was nervous for today!" So I wasn't the only one. He just smiled and looked at the boy opposite him. "Just try to get more sleep, ok?" He nodded and their daily routine began.

They were currently sitting in Aizawa's car watching the scenery blur as they drove past. Miss Alexis had thought that it was best for the performance to take place in the city not in the school. This was for three reasons. 1. The school theatre was way too small, 2. The heroes wouldn't let them in the school and 3. It wasn't a school event there were just two of the students participating in it.

Eventually they came to the large theatre and had slipped inside. Shinso suddenly turned the opposite way to the dressing rooms. "I'm going to the bathroom and Miss Alexis wanted some help with some last minute things," he announced.

...

Denki Kaminari was happily sitting in his dressing room brushing his golden locks after a sound check. His costumes were hanging on a rack beside him. A makeup bag was on the mini bench in front of the large mirror.

Once the show started he had to wait at least thirty minutes before he actually came on the stage. He opened the yellow bag and began to apply the makeup. He started with foundation before going on to do the cream eye shadow. The eyeliner was next and he managed to do a perfect wing, after all he had plenty of practice. Lastly, he plastered his lips with lemon lip balm.