Chapter 19 K: Movie Night and Makeup Attack

Kaminari noticed his boyfriend walking towards him with an uncharacteristically big smile on his face. Kirishima noticed too and left to go hang out with Bakugo. Denki stood up to meet him and smiled. Shinso hugged him then pulled away whilst grabbing his hand and leading him to the elevator leaving the blonde in shock. They held hands in the elevator and as they entered their dorm.

"I have extremely important and great news!" Shin sounded so excited and happy that he couldn't help but feel the same as well. He waited eagerly and in suspense for around fifteen seconds before his boyfriend gave in and told him the news. "I just got adopted by Aizawa and Hizashi!"

Kaminari had to think about who Hizashi was for a second but realised that it was his English teacher and the pro hero, Present Mic. "Seriously?" he asked in utter amazement and happiness for the boy, "That's awesome! Two pro heroes as your dads! Wait does that mean that they're married? Todoroki was right! They are in a relationship! And now he's right about you being Mr Aizawa's son."

Shinso laughed. "They are married, for two years now. And I guess Todoroki was right, in a way."They hugged then kissed for a while until it could almost be considered a makeout session. When they pulled away they were smiling and blushing.

The teenagers went to their separate beds and laid down. Kaminari glanced at his boyfriend to see that he had fallen asleep. Must have had a busy day, he thought. Well yeah Denki, he was just told that he's being adopted by two amazing pro heroes nonetheless! He had no parents for so long, it must have been tough. He's probably so happy to finally have parents that can love and care for him even if it isn't biological.

The thought of family only reminded him of his own messed up family. He had parents that hated him, were villains and left him alone as soon as he had the chance. He had a dead brother who had also hated him and had beaten him up several times. Then he almost killed him. He had an uncle who was trying his hardest, he was so grateful for that, but was poor and would most likely not be able to pay his hospital bill. The likely outcome for him was that he would be kicked out of his house and be in debt for a long time until Denki became a pro hero and earn some money to help him.

Then there was his sister. The only member of his family who had supported him and cared for him while he was growing up. She had been kind to him and loved him which was more than he could possibly ask for at the time. But she had been a villain too and never told him. She even went as far as to fake her own death to not tell the truth. She was always their parents' favourite child and she had betrayed him.

I miss you Keiryaku. You were my sister but you betrayed me and made me think I murdered you just so you didn't break my heart. It broke me even more than you could possibly imagine by not telling me the truth. I thought I killed you! I was devastated! I would've hurt myself if Shin wasn't there for me. At least he told me the truth. At least he shows me that he loves me unlike you. How could you do that to me? I trusted you! Go ahead and be a villain! When I'm a pro hero I'll stop you and put you to jail for life and I won't visit you once so you know how it feels to be broken and betrayed. You're not my sister anymore.

The tears started to flow, down his cheeks to his chin where they dripped onto his neck. They raced down onto his chest and made a wet spot at the top of his shirt. He didn't bother rubbing them off or tried to stop them because he was too miserable to do anything. I should probably tell Shin and my therapist about this.

A commotion from downstairs made him flinch and he sat up wondering what was going on. On the other bed, Shin was stirring so Kaminari hurriedly wiped his tears and crossed his fingers that it wasn't obvious that he had been crying. When his boyfriend sat up and looked over he only asked what all the noise was which likely meant he hadn't noticed.