Chapter 11 S: Visit to the Hospital

Kaminari had been reluctant to go at first but he eventually agreed with much nagging. It wasn't that long of a walk to the tall, white building. They had been walking for fifteen minutes playing a game of twenty-one questions.

"Who's your favourite teacher?" Shinso asked which was his twentieth question.

"Present Mic," the blonde replied with no hesitation, "Is your hair blue or purple?"

"It's indigo. What's your sexuality?"

"I'm pan; you want to get into the hero course?"

"Yeah, I want to be a good pro-hero and prove that I'm good enough."
"I think you're way better than good and you can take Mineta's place."

"Why Mineta?"

"He's been the worst lately. He's been acting crazy and being super annoying as well as not showing good traits of a future hero. I'm supposed to be his friend but..." he trailed off. The indigo insomniac didn't press further, he probably didn't want to bad-mouth the guy behind his back.

And then they were standing in front of the building. His dark purple eyes focused on the blonde next to him, he looked terrified. "What if... they're there?" he whispered turning to look anxiously at his friend. Shinso's heart started to beat faster in worry for the boy beside him. He knew who he was talking about, his parents and his brother.

He placed a reassuring hand around Kaminari while smiling at him, looking him straight in the eyes. It seemed to calm him down so he disentangled himself from the boy and strode in. The blonde was following slightly behind him. When they reached the front desk he muttered nervously, "We're here to see Keiryaku Kaminari please."

"Yeah, she's straight down there in room fourteen," the old lady responded with as she pointed to a hallway visible through a pair of glass sliding doors. They followed her directions and stepped inside the room. What, or who, they saw wasn't pleasant.

He instantly recognised Zenaku with his crazy expression and jet black hair. A man and a woman were seated in chairs with serious expressions. His hair was a golden yellowish colour while hers was black. However, their hair was starting to turn grey with about half of it the silvery colour. He assumed that they wore his parents.

Then there was the girl lying in the bed. She looked like a female version of Denki so he assumed that the girl was his sister, Keiryaku if he was correct. She had long, flowing blonde hair that seemed to shine in the sunlight with a streak of black hanging in front of her left ear. Her face looked almost symmetrical if it wasn't for the small scar above her right eyebrow. There were golden freckles sprinkled across her cheeks and on her nose but even those seemed perfectly even on both sides.

She wore the simple hospital gown which almost ruined her beautiful features. A white dress sprinkled with sunflowers and a black jacket was folded neatly on the bedside table so he assumed those were the clothes she'd change into. Overall she was very pretty, even he had to admit it.

The girl smiled brightly at her brother with closed eyes, even their smiles were similar. He smiled back almost identically. Then she turned to face and him with another smile but with her eyes open. "Hi! You must be Denki's friend! I'm Keiryaku, a pleasure to meet you!" she greeted and he couldn't help notice how their attitude was similar as well.

"... I'm Denki Kaminari!" he remembered the boy saying with impressive enthusiasm.

"I'm Denki's mother," the lady introduced, "But you may call me Ms."

"I'm Denki's father," the man introduced, "But you may call me Sir." Those two were clearly the strict, old-fashioned type of parents. He nodded to show that he understood.

"We need to talk to you, Denki," his father asked as he leaded the teenager outside with his mother. He made to follow them but was stopped, "This conversation does not require you." The blonde boy gulped and headed outside. Honestly, he was worried about what might happen to him.

"I need to tell you something," Keiryaku said softly, "But you have to promise not to tell Denki." The indigo insomniac turned and stared at the girl with his eyebrows raised.

"I was supposed to be released today but when I got the text from Denki saying he'd be here in approximately an hour I decided to stay for a bit and technically I could leave whenever I wanted. The truth is after I left the hospital I'd be leaving the country as well with mum, dad and Zenaku. We're leaving because... we're villains. I know he told you about his childhood, he trusts you. I can tell from the way he looks at you. I've been hiding from him that I'm one too because I love him too much even though our family thinks he's worthless. He's everything that I could've been if I hadn't listened to my family. I didn't want to just suddenly disappear and appear in the news a week later with a different name but same quirk as a villain. It would break his precious, pure heart. If I was 'dead' though he wouldn't care so that's what I'm going to do. Before Denki comes back into the room I'm going to climb out that window and switch myself with a dummy, it's under the bed. Some guy touched this guy that had a quirk to make lifelike dummies and made one with that kid's quirk in exchange for my brother to help him with something. I'm telling you this so someone actually good knows the true story and, hey, maybe you can tell him one day."

Two things puzzled him. One, that quirk sounded exactly like Manoma's quirk and two how was she going to fake her own death? He was going to ask but a sudden knock on the door interrupted him. "That's my cue," she whispered. In a flash she had replaced herself with a dummy and had climbed out the window. "Bye," she said, "You seem like a nice guy."

The dummy did look incredibly like her with its eyes closed so it looked like it was sleeping. The four Kaminari's strolled back in and something horrible began. He only just made it out of the room with three of the Kaminari's in time. This was a horrible way for Keiryaku to say goodbye.