"no. you took too long." she says.

i get in the bed beside her. she grabs the bucket of ice cream and puts it between us. i hand her a spoon. she takes the spoon. i open the bucket of ice cream. she sticks her spoon in immediately. i smile and take a spoonful of ice cream.

"ohmhghddintmhcream." she tries to speak with ice cream in her mouth. i chuckle.

"what the hell did you just say?" i laugh.

"i said don't eat all my ice cream." she says.

"that is not what you said." i reply, still laughing. she punches my arm.

"stop." she says smiling at me.

"you said, ohmggdihntcream." i mimic. she laughs at my actions.

"shut up." she smiles. i laugh a little harder. "it wasn't that funny mikey." she says.

"it was." i reply. i look down at her with a smile on my face.

"whatever." she turns her attention to the movie while my attention stays on her.

i analyze her features. how her eyes scan across the tv, looking from one thing to another. how she smiles when something funny happens or was said. she's truly beautiful.

"you're staring mikey." she says.

i look away quickly. "sorry." i reply.

i try to focus on the movie. my eyes go back and fourth between the movie and kiara, until they stayed on kiara.

"still staring" kiara says, scaring me out of my trance.

"what?"

"you're still staring." she repeats. she turns to me. i smile nervously and stare at her, admiring her. she stared back. we sat there staring at each other for what felt like forever. i place my hand on her cheek softly. my thumb brushes along her cheek in a slow, circular motion. i look at her lips, then back to her eyes.

"can i kiss you?" i ask.

"no." she says. she rolls her eyes and looks away from me.

"come on. just one kiss?" i plead.

"no." she repeats.

i placed my hand under her chin and pulled her face so she's looking at me.

"one?" i ask.

"fine. just so it'll shut you up." she says. i smiled and leaned into her. just as our lips were about to touch, she turns her face so my lips kiss her cheek.

"come on kiara." i sigh.

"you asked to kiss me. you never said where." she retorts with a smile.

we continued to watch the movie. i found myself staring at her intently throughout the entire movie. i just couldn't look away. i ended up staying for another 30 minutes after the movie ended.

"aren't you supposed to go home now?" she asks.

"how do you know when i'm supposed to leave?" i ask smiling.