🌹GO🌹

Ace x Violet

After the awkward and silent shopping where Ace made minimum body contact we finally were on our way to the hospital. Suddenly, the car came to halt.

"We should stop this." Ace said randomly causing me to swiftly turn to him.

"Stop wha-"

"Don't pretend not to understand. You're fully aware of what I'm talking about." He said gripping the wheel tighter.

"Well I don't understand. Its better to leave what's in the past right where it belongs. The past." I said staring straight ahead.

"We can't act like we-"

"Can you stop saying we? Please? At least I wasn't the one apologising for the kiss we shared. The moment we bonded. I wasn't the one who always emphasised on friendship after a make out session. After-"

"I'm sorry. Its just-"

He stopped talking and stared at his phone for some seconds before picking it up.

"Yes this is Ace. How may I be of help to you?" He asked politely as I finally gained courage to look at him.

He looked lost, empty and confused. His beautiful eyes full of life and joy now had this long look with layers of unsettling emotions.

"Okay. I understand you but can we make it there in about twenty minutes?" He asked with desperation.

After a few minutes his face turns snow white and the drops the phone and grips the wheel tightly until his knuckles were white.

"Ace? What's the matter? Hey! Look at me." I said as I shook him.

He looked at me with a wave of sadness on his face. "Its Queen." He said with irremediable sorrow and gloom overcame me.

"Yeah. What's up with her?" A great pang gripped my heart as I awaited his response.

His eyes misted over whilst he looked at me with hope in his eyes confusing me altogether.
"The Doctor, that was him. He called." I felt a great wrench of sadness hearing those words but I hoped it wasn't what I thought.

"He said Queen's struggling. My baby is fighting really hard to stay with us." He had a lingering sadness in his eyes as he spoke.

"But she's going to be alright." He said but I felt a sting of melancholy and confusion.

"She's going to be fine. That's great news." Tears pool my eyes as I'm overjoyed.

"Yeah. She'll be fine. Only if the oxygen is removed." He concluded making my heart twist.

"She's in pains. It'll only be more painful if she's still struggling."

His eyes misted over.

"She's gone." His voice, thick with tears as he sighs deeply, miserably.

I unconsciously take his hands into mine without words. A sob rose in my throat but I tried to surpress it by taking in long, deep breaths.

I felt a great wrench of sadness sseing Ace like this, distorted, confused and in pains.
I try to form words of comfort but the words are strangled in my throat as I also feel the ache in my heart.

"You pain is my pain. Your joy is my joy." My voice cracks and my eyes were prickling with tears.

"You don't understand Violet. I took care of her. She was my queen." He says and a great sense of weariness sweeps over me sucking my energy with it.

"I know. I know it hurts." I said with a pining melancholy as I tried to hold my tears.

ACE

I watched her eyes widen and rim with tears, as her face contorted as though she was struggling not to cry. She was holding her eyes in such a way that kept the tears inside the lids.

I gave her hand a slight squeeze making her cry in a low moan.

"I'm so sorry you have to feel this way. I wish I could take the pain away. I can't imagine ever losing my sister." She said brokenly as tears brimmed her eyes, shaking with grief.

"Lets go home." My throat thickens as I withdraw my hand from her delicate hands and harshly grip the wheels as I remember the gifts we got for Queen before the news.

I drove home as sadness washed over me, seeing Violet cry bitter tears and doing nothing.

At some point we all have to cry out the sadness and bitterness.

Immediately we got home both of us sat in Violet's room not knowing what to say or do. Just in silence, in grief, bitterness, hurt, loss and mostly pain.

After three hours her cries turned to whimpers and I quietly escaped having covered her properly.

I went to the living room and the thought of Queen brought waves of sadness to me.
Growing up we were inseparable, everyone knew that. It was Queen or no one.

I went to take a quick shower when I heard quiet sniffles.

Violet's up. She's crying. Again.

As I got into the shower then it really hit me. She's dead. I'm not going to hear her rants about the girls in her school, the cute boy she likes, the new books she's been reading, how she fears death, how she's anxious... I won't get to hear any of it anymore and it hurt.

It hurt so bad and I can't explain why it hurts. I loved her, I still do. She's a part of me and it hurts.

My heart clenches and unclenches as I struggle for breath, trying to stop my heart from aching and damn it hurts. It really does. I just wish the pain could go away and we'd be together again, talking and laughing not me here; all alone in this world.

I hear the door open and I look up to see Violet, she had large sad eyes but managed to put a smile on her beautiful face.

"I'm here for you. Always." She said as she embraced me and we cried together

Killed another character!
Yay I'm back here too❤