My Truth

"You must be quite surprised, Madam. You two should greet each other."

"Yes. You're here honey." Madam Choi says shakily.

"Yes, lady." Dong Mi had a scowl on her face. If she could drag that girl off the stage and rip her apart she would.

Jeha was looking at Sungwon and it was clear that he was pissed. And Jeha knew this surprise pop-up was because of him. Sungwon shrugged and smiled like he wasn't behind this whole situation.

"Ms. Anna, were you aware of the fact that Mr. Lafelt was looking for you?"

"No, I wasn't."

"Then you weren't aware of what kind of person Mr. Lafelt is, either."

"I was aware of what kind of person he is. My mother sometimes told me about him when I was little."

Yoojin couldn't do anything but watch this girl tear her story apart. "Really? Was Ms. Alina a fan of Mr. Lafelt?

"No, she said he was one of her close friends from Paris."

Anchor Jo turns to Yoojin "But didn't you say that Ms. Michels didn't know Mr. Lafelt at all, Madam?"

Avianna turns to her waiting for her response.

Madam was visibly shaken. There was no way for her to hide it. "Yes."

"All right. While we're at it, we have a video message from an amazing person for Ms. Anna. You must be curious, right? Let's take a look, then."

Everyone turns their attention to the video playing.

The older French man rocking his salt and pepper in his beard and hair appears on the screen.

"Hello my Angel, you know who I am. It's Jean-Paul Lafelt. I've been searching for you for a very long time. I was surprised twice because of you. The first time I saw it I thought that my old friend Alina had come back from the grave. And the second time I found you and found out that you were Alina Michel's daughter. Anna, you could become a top star. Won't you become my new muse? Your dreams and a new world are waiting for you here. Hurry over here." He blew a kiss with his fan.

"I think this is the first time that it's been announced that Ms. Alina Michels was Jean-Paul Lafelt's muse." Madam Choi used her handkerchief to blot the sweat on her neck and forehead.

"Many say that your career as a model is set when you become Lafelt's muse. When are you planning on going to Paris?"

Madam Choi was horrified at what her answer would be.

"I have no plans on going yet."

"Why?"

It was the first time that Avianna sat straight and confident while Madam Choi sat scared and small. Avianna kept her eyes dead set on Anchor Jo.

"Treating my panic disorder should be my priority. But there is something I must do here first."

"So are you telling him to wait? What a befitting attitude for the daughter of movie star Alina Michels, who was one of the most internationally loved celebrities of her time."

Avianna smiled "You're too kind."

"But you said that you need to do something besides receiving treatment. What was the other reason you're making Mr. Lafelt wait?"

She waited a couple of seconds before answering. Her eyes shoot towards Yoo Jin. "I would like to solve the case of my mother's mysterious death."

The audience gasped. Madam Choi could feel bile creeping up in her throat. Jeha was growing increasingly worried.