Sneaking Out

Avianna changed into a Miran worksuit. It was a little tight on her around the waist and bust area. 'Korean sizes' she thought to herself.

She was sneaking out of the driveway when a car that was parked started flashing its lights at her. She clutched her chest for dear life. The lights almost sent her into a panic.

She had Miran's earpiece in and quickly she recognized one of the night agents talking to her through it.

"This is 102. Where are you going at this hour again?"

'Shit' she thought 'I need to figure out something quickly.'

Avianna lowered her voice to sound like Mirans. "This is J4 and I'm going to the store." She was hoping he would fall for it since she was a little far from the parked car.

"If you keep doing this, I'll have to report you to the Situation Room."

"Oh, c'mon. You don't have to do all that." She said in a joking manner.

"Just kidding. But bring me back a cup of coffee, okay?"

"Sure."

"Thanks, J4."

Immediately Avianna ran into town she left at around 5 in the morning and now the sun was coming up. She ran through a park and picked up a cab.

The first few moments of being in the car she kept looking back to see if anyone was following her.

"Where to miss?" The driver asked politely. Avianna relaxed in her seat once she found the coast was clear.

"Miss! Where do you want to go?"

"Oh I'm sorry, Yeonhui-Dong, please?" He nodded at her answer. 

In the car, Avianna felt a sense of peace. She looked at her window and rolled it down. She closed her eyes letting the wind whip through her hair. The sun was starting to hurt her eyes a bit so she put on her sunglasses.

*

Back in Cloud Nine, Jeha and Madam Choi stay in silence for a moment. Taking in the new information that they've discovered.

"So this refugee woman ...... Rania? You ..... loved her, didn't you?"

Jeha thought about her question before answering. "Looking back, it's not certain. I don't know if the feeling was love or just some worthless sympathy." He put his head down looking at the floor.

"Worthless?"

"She started working as an interpreter for Blackstone ..... only because I introduced her to them." 'Oh wow,' Madam Choi thought to herself.

He exhaled and stood up from the table "Okay, then. I'll get going now."

"Where to?" Madam said cocking her head to the side in curiosity.

"To my place."

"Hmmmm. No need for that you, you are a member of Cloud Nine now. You get to stay at the JSS Residences."

"No, thank you. I like where I'm staying now."

"When someone becomes a member of Cloud Nine in JSS, it means I'm responsible for protecting them and their family."

Jeha tucked his hands in his pocket "To me that sounds like 'You're my slave from that moment'."

Madam Choi's tone went serious "I've never betrayed anyone..... who hasn't already betrayed me."