"you know who kiara is. you were on the phone with her this morning." she says.

"how would you know who i was on the phone with this morning?"

"mila told me."

"what else did she say?"

"that was it." she says. i close my locker to find angel picking at her nails. samila walks up to us.

"i heard my name." samila says.

"you told her about kiara?" i ask, a confused expression clearly written on my face.

"maybe." she looks at me nervously.

"so it's true?" angel asks.

"yea, but i just met her. plus, she hates me." i say.

"if she hates you then why was she on the phone with you?" angel asks.

"ion know. you should ask her." i shrug my shoulders. i walk away from the group and head into mr. hopkins classroom.

i sit on a desk.

"hey mr. williams." he greets.

"hey mr. hopkins." i reply.

"what's up?"

"i took your advice." i say.

"and what was the outcome?"

"well i'm still working on that part but, i think the outcome will be good." i smile, thinking about kiara.

"sounds like you've found a reason to stay." he says.

"i'm not sure that could be the only reason." i say.

"why you say that?"

"because there's something about her that i really like. she's mysterious but i'm not sure if what i'm feeling is good or bad." i smile.

"oh so it's a girl." he nods with a smile. "when it comes to a relationship, be careful with any female. she may be different but you need to know her intentions. your past or her past might come up and it may not always be in your favor. always be honest, even if it hurts you in the end." he advises. i nod my head and take a mental note. "always communicate with her too. just a simple text goes a long way."

honesty plus communication plus pure intentions equals a healthy relationship. got it.

kiara pov
"he said he texted where and when to meet him but you didn't show up. he was really upset." will advises.

"do you know where he is?" i ask.

"if anything, he'll be avoiding you." will replies. the bell rings. "guess you'll have to talk to him later."

will speeds off to class. i sigh.

"cmon." aliana says. she places her hand on my shoulder and leads me to our first block class. i sigh and put my head in my hands.
~~~
i didn't find cameron at lunch either. i went to talk to the other football players, but they told me he wasn't in a good mood and decided to have lunch somewhere else. he didn't tell them where. i know i had to wait till school was over to find him. i just didn't know how he would react.