||32||

••32••

Elise dropped her hair which she was trying to pull up in an elegant bun when she heard the eager knock on her door.

"Can I come in?" asked a voice that she was absolutely in love with.

"Yes." She shouted from inside the closet. She looked at her black dress that she was wearing. It was a beautiful lace dress made to hug her body completely but for some reason she didn't like it.

"Where are you?" Riley asked.

Elise walked out of the closet to see him. He was looking around of her.

"How do I look?" Elise asked.

Riley looked up at her in excitement at the sound of her voice but when he looked at her his face fell. Elise hated herself at the moment.

"You don't like it?" She asked nervously.

Riley shook his head.

"No. It's pretty." He said in a small voice. "But we don't match." He sounded so sad.

Elise sighed in defeat. There was no way she was going to disappoint her.

"It's alright. You look pretty in whatever you wear mommy." He said when he saw her sad too and hugged her around her legs.

"Aw. You are so sweet Ry. But I think I don't like this dress that much, I should change." She said with a smile. He looked up at her with an excited face.

"Really?"

"Ofcourse." She kissed his forehead. "We should match."

"Yay! I am going to go tell Dad." With that being said, Riley ran away from the room. Elise opened her mouth to ask him to be careful on the stairs but the boy was already gone before she could speak.

She picked up the satin gown that was resting on her bed. It was a really pretty dress with soft fabric that pooled around her feet. The dress was tight around her waist and flared downwards. The dress was backless with strings that had to be tied on the back. There was even a slit in the dress. Elise loved slits in dresses. They gave her legs more space.

She picked up the dress and pulled it over herself in the closet. She could hear the door opening of her room again. Her lips curled up in a smile thinking how happy Riley would be when he saw her in that dress. He had been wearing whites and blacks so that they could match. And Elise felt that it was unfair for the kid to let of colors for her.

She turned her back towards the mirror to try to tie the strings but it was really difficult considering the dress was tight and the strings had to be criss crossed.

"Ry, can you help me baby?" She called for him when she couldn't do it herself. She was aware that the two men in the house must be waiting impatiently for her downstairs.

She had chosen a nude makeup for the event. Maybe darkening the lipstick a shade would work perfectly for the occasion. She was so focused on her make up and wondering wether that would work with her that she didn't realise the presence behind her until she felt fingers brush her bare back.

Her eyes popped out of their sockets when she saw the person behind her. Javier didn't meet her eyes, until he was done tying her dress at her back. Once done, she looked up and saw her looking at him from the mirror.

His breath hitched in his throat when he saw her. She looked breathtaking in that dress. The blue color he had always liked look thousands time better when contrasted with her fair skin. He couldn't help but brush his knuckles through her arm. As expected, he felt her shiver at his touch.

Javier took a step ahead so that his body touched her and leaned down to his ear.

"You look breathtakingly beautiful. The most gorgeous woman I have ever seen." He whispered in her ear making his lips brush her ear and then trail down before straightening up.