||07||

•07•

I had been walking around the town for half an hour now. I had no idea where I was right now. At least I had digital wallet on my phone so I could call an uber when I wanted to go back. I just didn’t want to go back home yet. I don’t know what happened. We were doing fine till last night. It looked like a progress. But I couldn’t help getting angry when he started telling his plans for his day. For the first time he was angry too. He was angry too. He was losing patience with me.

I looked around myself. I was in front of a playground. There was a small café opposite to the playground. I was about to go inside the café when my eyes fell on a small kid sitting on a park bench alone. I walked towards him before I could see his face and almost snorted , despite my sour mood, when I saw his face.

“Why are you always alone, Ry?” I asked as I stood next to the bench he was sitting on. He jumped at the sound of my voice. A huge grin broke on his cute face as he hugged my legs.

“Ellie.” He exclaimed. I had to give it to him. He was an adorable boy. Today he was wearing a black jeans, black converse and a green sweatshirt.

“Nice to meet you too.” I laughed at his energy.

“Did you come to meet me?” his little grey eyes looked too hopeful for me to deny him.

“Of course. I missed your cute little butt.” The sweet child blushed and I wanted to pull his cheeks so much. Instead I kissed his cheek. “So, who are you here with?” 

“Ms. Williams.” He said pointing towards a girl my age who was standing a little away talking worriedly on her phone. 

“Oh!” I said, “Is she your nanny or babysitter.”

“Nope.” He said popping the ‘p’. “She works for Daddy.”

As if the girl could feel eye on her, she turned to look at them. Her eyes widened when she looked at me. Maybe seeing a stranger with her boss’ child. I took the moment to look at her. She was pretty. She had curly hair and tanned skin. 

“Hello. I am Sera. You are?” she asked as she stood in front of me. She looked impatient.

“Elise Rivers.” I introduced myself with a polite smile. From here, I could see the freckles and her honey-colored eyes. 

“Do you know Mr…”

“I know her.” Riley said impatiently. It was weird to see him behave so like that. He was so polite and well-mannered with me.

“Ry.” I said firmly. “That’s no way to talk to your elders. You should say sorry to Sera.”

He looked up at me with a pout which made him look even more adorable. This kid will kill me with his cuteness. However, I didn’t back down and gave him my stern expression.

“Okay.” He sighed in defeat when I didn’t budge. “Sorry. Ms. Williams.”

“That’s my baby.” I said ruffling his hair fondly. I liked this boy. He looked so happy at the moment that I wanted to hug him. I looked up at Sera to see her looking at Ry and me surprised.

“I-uh-you- Wow. How did you do that?” she asked after gaping like a fish for a minute.

“Get him to be so good to you. I have never seen him like that.” She admitted.

I looked down at Ry to see him glare at Sera. I could tell by his expression that he didn’t want me to think bad about him. I placed my hand around his shoulder and pulled him to my side.