||04||

•04•

ELISE’S POV

I saw Lee walk away. Can I give him a chance? No. Not because he didn’t deserve it. But because I can’t afford it anyone. I am just one push away from losing it. I am holding myself together with a very thin thread and I was scared. I was scared of the darkness that I would fall into if that thread snapped. 

I jumped on my sit when I heard a crashing sound. I looked out of the window to see a small around five or six standing in a far corner of the parking looking scared. I followed his line of sight to see a man in front of him. There was a dustbin fallen on the ground which had made the noise. My eyes returned to the man. He was bald and a cut the side of his head. Everything about him scream bad guy. I looked at the man walk towards the small kid. I felt poor for the kid. He could be a kidnapper. 

I jumped out of the car and walked towards the boy.

“LEE!” I yelled at the boy turning both of their heads towards me. Well, in the moment I couldn’t think of a better name. Sue me for my originality. At least the man stopped where he was.

“What did I tell you about running away?” I asked sternly. “I was so scared when I didn’t see you in the car.”

The boy looked at me like I am crazy. I would have thought the same if I were him. The supposed kidnapper was looking between the two of us. Even the kid was looking between the two us. Most probably deciding which one of us was safer.

“I-I…” the kid started but I held up my hand silencing.

“No excused. I am telling this to your father.” I took his hand and was about to leave when the man interrupted.

“Where do you think you are going sweetheart?” he sneered flashing his yellow teeth.

“Where do you think?” I asked sarcastically. “I am taking my cousin home.” If this man think I am some weak girl who would get scared then he is wrong. I know very well how to fight.

“Not before you give me your bag and the kid.” He said pointing towards my sling back. The kid held my hand tightly and hid behind me when yellow teeth looked at him. Poor kid must be very scared especially since yellow teeth was now holding a knife in his hand.

“What’s going on here?” I heard a familiar voice and relaxed immediately. The kid was hiding as he pressed his face to my stomach. I placed a hand over his head trying to comfort him.

“Elliot.” I said and yellow teeth now seemed alarmed.

“This man wanted to kidnap our cousin.” I said pressing the word cousin. Lee looked confused but caught it quickly. His eyes even went to the knife and he immediately stood in front of me protectively. I had to fight the smile that forced to spread on my face on his gesture. 

“Look just give me money and you can go.” Yellow teeth sounded scared now. Well, anyone would be. Lee might be my twin but he was a good 6’1” against my 5’7”. He was even well built and had lots of muscle on him. 

“Come and get it.” Lee challenged popping his knuckles. As yellow teeth walked towards us, Lee shoved something in my hand. I was surprised to see a chocolate sundae. But not that much. Last week he had shown me that he remembered everything about me. 

I bent down and scooped the kid in my arms. He was a handsome child with dirty blond hair and grey eyes.

He looked at me with wide doe like eyes.

“It’s all right buddy.” I assured him with a gentle smile. He was shaking in my arms and had a death grip on me. “Can you do something for me?” I asked.