||18||

•18•

Elise pov

I waited outside with that bitch boss as the doctor wrapped his hand properly. I couldn’t help but laugh at his face when he saw the nurse walking towards him with a syringe.

“Stop where you are.” He yelled and stood up from his chair.

The nurse looked around weirdly until she realized that she was the one he was talking to. 

“It won’t hurt you sir.” She said trying to calm him.

I looked at the doctor’s face who too looked amused at his antics just like me. I almost died of laughter when he pulled me in front of himself to protect him from syringe-monster. He silenced me with a glare.

“Aw! Is wittle Javier scared of an injection?” I cooed mockingly and earned another glare.

“Don’t you dare…”

“Oh, I do dare.” He must have felt the touch on his arm and was about to turn but I placed my hand on both side of his cheek and forced him to look at him. “Tell me, do you need a candy afterwards?” I mocked him again.

He placed his good hand on my waist and pulled him to his chest. 

“Enough, Elise.” He said sternly. He looked angry but soon noticed the lack of distance between us. We were pressed against each other and our faces were inches. I could feel his warm breath on my face and could see the light golden in his chocolatey eyes. I looked down his perfect point nose towards his pink lips. They looked kissable.

A clearing of throat brought me back to my senses. I had almost forgot that we had audience here. I jumped back from him and noticed a distant emotion in his eyes before he replaced it. He turned towards the doctor and nurse. I looked at her and she gave me a smile. I knew this would work.

She threw the syringe in the dustbin.

“So you are not going to give me…?” he asked with a hint of happiness in his voice. He was such a child. I wonder did he bring Riley for his shots.

“Oh, I already did, sir.” She said with a giggle.

“What? When?” he asked confused and then as if he suddenly realizing he turned toward me, “You-You tricked me!” he yelled at me. 

“Get over it, Mr. Kellen.” I waved him off. It was bold of me to do so. But he didn’t have the ‘I will fire you for this’ expression so it was alright.

“Okay.” The doctor cleared his throat to get our attention. “Mr. Kellen, you have three broken bones in you right hand to be exact. The first two aren’t that bad. There is a crack in the metacarpal of you index finger and another crack in your ulna.” He said showing us an x-ray. “But this bone here which we call the lunate makes it worse. Since this is the closest to the joint, it can give you problems. So, I would suggest you take care of your hand. Don’t write as it will put unnecessary pressure on the metacarpal and the lunate. Take medicine on time. I have placed some calcium in the prescription. You can come here after two weeks to take the cast off.” He said and then added looking at me, “Make sure he takes care of his hand.”

I had no idea about to reply to that so I just nodded my head. Why and how will I make sure of that? I might be his assistant but I am not his wife. I rolled my eyes inwardly.

The doctor got up and showed us out. 

“Take care, Mr. Kellen.” Ah, the perks of being rich. A doctor would never walk me out on my visits. “You have got a beautiful girlfriend.” He added.

I blushed at his comment. 

Wait… what? 

Girlfriend?

“I am not…” I said, a bit too quickly. I looked up at Javier in embarrassment. He was looking down at me. What would he think of me? He would surely think I am so unprofessional. I wanted to pull my hair.

“Sure. Whatever you say.” The doctor said amusedly. He gave my boss and me a knowing look. Did he see something I didn’t? Surely not.

The men shook their hands and I drove off towards his house. I looked back towards the back seat of my car where the wrapped package was lying. Who knew going out to get pads at night would result in me finding my boss injuring himself and then I would have to take the man kid to a doctor and then drive him off. I had almost drove off for a while thinking that it wasn’t my business. I shouldn’t have been bothered by seeing him punch the wall repeatedly in an alley but I was. I cared for him. Not just because I worked for him. But because despite how closed off he was, he was a nice man. He was caring and gentle when required. That night, I got a glimpse of who he truly was. He had the option of leaving me to get a cab, he could have just dropped me home. But he stayed with me. He gave me a shoulder to lean on. And he opened up to me too. He might not have said more than a sentence to me but that one sentence was more than enough for me. It showed he trusted me. 

I parked outside his house for him to get out. He climbed out and walked away without saying a word. No thank yous.

“Thank you, Elise. What would I have done without you.” I mumbled, ready to drive off.

Again I jumped inside my car and hit my head when there was a knock on my window. I rolled down the shield and raised my eyebrow at him. 

He sighed in announce and opened my side of the door from the open window. He held the door open. “Get out.” He said.

“Excuse me , what?” that’s my car. Technically his but he gave me this and so its mine.

He pulled me by my elbow and took out the car keys while I stood there gaping at him. Who was on their periods, me or him?

“It’s late. You will stay the night here.” He announced.