||21||

•21•

Riley was having the time of his life. They were all spending time in the Grant Park and even though Elise was happy since this was the first time she had set her foot in Chicago. There could be no one happier than Riley.

"Daddy take a picture." Riley said excitedly.

Elise and Javier couldn't help but chuckle at his demand.

"Ellie. Come." He called.

"Its okay Ry. Thats your picture not mine." She said with a soft smile. She never liked saying no to Riley.

"Go ahead. He will be disappointed if he doesn't have a picture with you." Javier encouraged and it was enough for her feet to grow a head of their own and walk towards the now grinning baby.

"Up. Up. Up." Riley said extending both his arms while jumping at his place. And Elise obliged.

"Okay say please."

"Its cheese Daddy." Riley laughed as if his father was silly.

"No mister. I am the one clicking the picture, so say please." Javier said non chalantly, shaking his index finger at Riley.

"Please." Riley said while Elise gave a simple smile. She thought she didn't have to.

"Say Please like a good girl, Ms. Rivers."

Her face flushed red and she stared at her boss in shock to see a smirk forming on his lips.

"Ellie. Quick." Riley said impatiently.

"Um. Please?" She said uncomfortably. She had no idea why it was so uncomfortable but all of a sudden it was really hot there.

"Here we go." And with a flash, their picture was taken.

Riley jumped out of her hands and rushed towards his father.

"Show me, Do I look good?" Riley asked. Again it made them laugh at him. He acted like he was going to upload it on his instagram.

"You look absolutely handsome just like your Dad." Javier said with a wink and Elise shook her head in amusement.

"Now you both go ahead, I will click the picture now." Elise offered. They would have wanted a family picture right?

Both Javier and Riley suddenly looked deep in thought with a frown on their face. They looked so similar in that moment with their matching colored clothes and same expression that she wanted to click a picture right there and took out her phone secretly to click a picture.

"Excuse me?" Elise turned to see an old woman behind her. She looked in her sixties but you could tell she was a very beautiful woman in her days.

"Yes mam." She asked politely.

The woman gave her a sweet smile.

"You go stand with your family. I will take the picture." She offered, making her turn redder than before. She thought they were family? She looked around the place and surely some people were looking at them like they were assessing them.

"That is so kind of you, mam. Thank you." Javier said from behind her and she was surprised to hear that. Wasn't he offended that she was implying that she was their family? Wasn't he going to correct?

"I don't want to intrude." She said quietly so that only Javier could listen.

"You won't. Come." He said and took her hand. Elise had a hunch that he had no idea that he was holding her hand but before she could think more about it, another Kellen latched himself to her other hand and shot her a wide grin.