||28||

•28•

Elise walked inside her room to change in her pajamas. She was going to be staying in Javier's house for a couple of days and it would really be difficult since she is still angry with him.

She had seen him give her puppy looks whenever their eyes meet and to be honest it was difficult to stay angry when he behaved like. She never thought her boss would act like that. Did she really matter that much for him to act like a lost puppy. She was taking out her pajamas when her eyes noticed a sticky note on the vanity mirror.

She remembered properly that she hadn't sticked anything there. Curiously, she made her way towards the note only to frown when she was near enough.

There was a 'I am sorry' with a sad emoji on it.

She harshly pulled the note and crumpled it before throwing it in the dustbin. Once she had cursed him to her satisfaction, she left the room to change in the bathroom. She pulled on a pair of leggings and a oversized sweatshirt. After her bathroom routine was done, she made her way back to room only to frown again. There was a white stuffed bear on the bed with a red heart on it that said the three words she wasn't prepared to hear.

'I am sorry'.

What did that man think? Was she a kid to give her the teddy? She went to throw the teddy but one look at its adorable face and she gave up. There was no way she was going to punish the innocent teddy for something Javier did. She placed the teddy on a corner of the bed and looked around for her laptop. She had applied at a few places for jobs and was due to get their response. She remembered keeping the laptop on the desk in the room however there was nothing there. She looked around and noticed the silver thing on the bedside table.

Maybe she forgot where she kept it.

However, once she turned on the laptop. She wanted to bang her head on it. The walpaper on the screen was changed to another 'I am sorry'..

When did he even managed to do this? She wondered.

Wait!!!!

How did he get her password? That was the main question.

With her mind made she marched towards his room to give him a piece of her mind. She knocked on his door twice, tapping her feet impatiently. When he didn't open the door she walked inside ready to lash out only to find his room empty. She listened for running water in the bathroom but it was quiet too.

Leaving his room, she made her way downstairs, to find it dark. It wasn't that late. Why were the lights off. Using her phone (which luckily didn't have any I am sorry walpaper) as a torch she made her way towards the kitchen. There was no one there either.

She frowned. Where was Javier? She wondered.

She heard a sound from behind her and turned quickly. It was now giving her a horror movie feel. Was 'I am sorry' the new 'You are dead'. Both are three words after all.

She gulped as she made her way ahead to notice that there was a dim light around the dining area. She squinted her eyes looking for any silhouette but there was none.

Her sight fell on a chocolate cake in the centre of the table with the same words written on it with white cream.

Suddenly the light turned on and she was, for a moment, blinded by the sudden brightness. She covered her eyes with her hand.

"Elise." She heard his voice and she turned around without removing the hand from her eyes towards the direction of his voice.

"Look at me, please." He said again. His voice was pleading.