||09||

•09•

“Get up, Ellie.” I heard an irritating voice and pulled the comforter over my head. It had been raining all night, so today was a cold morning. And cold mornings make me lazy. Besides I had been going through the files till two in the morning and I needed my sleep.

“Come on.” Lee said shaking me.

“Go away, Lee.” I mumbled holding my comforter tightly around me as he tried to take it off me.

“Really? Do you want to be late for your first day at job, Bubbles?”
HE DID NOT!

I glared at him pulling my face out of the warmth. “I will pretend you did not just called me that.”

“Called what, Bubbles?” he asked with a smirk on his face.

“You bitch!” I threw the comforter aside and jumped on him. It had been almost a week since I realized that Lee didn’t wrong me. And since then we have made much recovery. Finally, we were back to how we used to be before all the fiasco that happened five years ago. I still haven’t told him about a few things and it will take time for me to trust him with them but I was glad to have him back. That doesn’t mean he could call me that.

“You promised you will never call me that again?” I narrowed my eyes at him hitting him with my pillow on his face.

“Okay. Okay.” He said in surrender as he pulled the pillow from my hands. He dared to laugh on me after ruining my peaceful sleep. “ I had to wake you up somehow. You would have been late otherwise. Its already six thirty.” I turned to look at the clock and realized that a few minutes more and I would have been late.

“Thanks Lee, but Don’t call me that again. Ever again.” I warned him with my best death glare.

“Yes madam.” He said with a salute. He turned to leave the room but stopped at the door.

“Get ready soon. I am making pancakes, BUBBLES.”

I threw my slipper at him but he was gone by then. His laugh echoing in the house. Though I hated that nickname. I was happy to have those days back.

But Bubbles? It is really embarrassing and brings back the disgusting memory. It was when we were eleven and I had a bad cold flu. I had been sneezing whole day. Lee brought us to watch a movie and we were watching cindrella together when all of a sudden I started sneezing badly and due to cold , a bubble formed from my nose snot. It burst over my face. It was disgusting but Lee found it hilarious and have started calling me bubbles since then.

Lee will have to pay for calling me that but for now I need to get ready if I don’t want to be late on my first day.
I took a quick shower since I had taken a long relaxing bath the previous night and dressed in a white top and black jeans. Since it was cold I paired it with a white blazer and wore my nude plumps. I had already prepared my bag and went downstairs with it. I could smell vanilla pancakes downstairs.

Lee placed a stack of pancakes infront of me.

“Am I forgiven yet?” he gave me a puppy face.

“Not yet.” I said as I chewed my food. It was delicious as always. “I will forgive you after I embarrass you.” I said pointing my fork at him.

He rolled his eyes at me and picked up his car keys. He had agreed to drop me to work for a few days and I will manage after that.

My brother dropped me at the building of Kell co which I know now as Kellen Corporation. I looked up at the huge building infront of me. My eyes dropped down the sockets at the sight of the tall glass and steel building. I can’t even imagine how many floor this building had in it.

“Have a good day Ellie.” My brother greeted me and drove off.

Nervously I made my way inside. I felt out of place as I looked around the grand reception area. It was decorated in white and grey, just like I like. People dressed in professionals clothes were walking around , some with files in their hands while the others were talking on phone. I looked at the girls who were dressed in fitting blouse and pencil skirts unlike me.

“I know you?” The receptionist said and made me turn to her. I had been busy ogling the building that I forgot that there was a woman standing infront of me. It was the same girl I had met the other day with Ry.

“Sera Williams right?” I asked. “We met while you were looking after Ry.”

Her eyes widened in recognization. “Oh My God! You are the one who saved my life.” She exclaimed and hugged me from the other side of the counter. I stood there with my arms on my side as I had no idea how to react.

“I don’t know what you did but the devil spawn was so happy that I got to keep my job.”

“Don’t call him that.” I frowned at her. I was glad that I could be of some help to her but It was irritating how people always called Riley. I felt weirdly protective of him. 

“That’s because you don’t see his tantrums.” She laughed waving her hand at me. I gave her a stink eye and she realized that I don’t like where this conversation was going.

“So what are you doing here?” she questioned, changing the topic.

“I got the job as Mr. Kellen’s PA and I was asked to report here at eight.” I checked my watch and it was still fifteen minutes to eight. I might have woken up late but I was early because I had my stuff ready beforehand and I don’t take much time to get ready.

“Wow!” she exclaimed. “Finally I can have someone in this office to talk to.”

“And why is that?” I asked amused.

“You will find out soon dearest. The ladies here are all bitches.” She said looking at a woman passing by behind me. I turned to look at her only to notice her give us a glare.

Now I am not a judgemental type but she was plastic and I bet she was a bitch too. So I laughed along with Sera.

“Can you tell me which floor am I supposed to go?” I asked her as I noticed I had ten minutes left.

“Mr. Kellen works on the fortieth floor.

THIRD POV
(I realized too late that I written a few paragraphs in third person pov and I am too lazy right now.)

She made her way inside the posh looking building with its expensive décor and furnitures. She felt out of place in the middle of them. At least her good for nothing mother did one thing good. She taught her the high society manners. The elevator door opened and she walked into the seventieth floor. This floor looked even better.

Sera had informed her that only Mr. Kellen and Vince stayed in this floor. They had a personal suit up here for themselves. She looked around her for someone but couldn’t find anyone. So, she knocked on the first door in front of her. she entered after hearing a come in.

“Mr. De- Vincent. Good Morning” She corrected herself when he gave her a playful glare.

“Good Morning, Elise. Call me by my name when it’s just us. And It is really nice to see you.”

“I don’t know where Mr. Kellen’s office is  and there was no one.”

“Ah.” He said and closed his laptop and stood up. She hadn’t noticed earlier but Vincent too was a very good looking man. He had a charming smile and calming blue eyes. He looked approachable unlike Mr. Kellen. “Let me show you around since you would be working on this floor mostly.”

“Its fine. You must have your work.”

“I was heading to Javier’s office so it would be my pleasure to escort you milady.” He said with a curt nod.

“This is where you are supposed to be working.” He showed me a large cubicle with a wall full of files on the shelves and a glass wall for the door. “And this is your boss’ office. He has his own suite inside so if you don’t find him in ever, knock on the door inside and wait.”
With that he opened the door to the lion’s den.