🗡🩹🚪59: When Cold Meets Emotions🚪🩹🗡

Start from the beginning

"Y-yes, it's not hard to guess since there's a p-piano over there, and her side of the dorm is decorated with music notes." The mauve colored teen bit into the egg that sat impaled on her fork.  "Who's your roommate?"

"Toko Fukawa.  She's rather....closed off and harsh, but she is usually one of the first people to finish work in class.  I even helped her on some schoolwork before."

"K-Kaede was roommates with her last year!  I haven't met her though, but she is in my s-science and general music class.  I do worry for her hygienic habits.."

"I can't recall the last time she showered if I'm being honest. "

"Is it fine that th-the next time I see her I can check up on h-her?"

"I can't say whether that's fine or not.  Also, Nanami said that later she is going to host a gaming tournament in Gym B, would you like to join us?"

Peko asked, wrapping up her napkin into a ball, standing up onto her feet and she can throw out the garbage into the can

"A gaming t-tournament?  What game are they playing?"

"Ive heard she's hosting a super smash bros tournament, I'm not familiar with the game but I'd like to give my hand on this." She shifted back onto the bed, her knees tight together with a polite manner. 

"I'm not familiar with that game, b-but I think I'd like to try later with everyone.  I just hope I d-dont mess anything up for anyone!"

"No need to worry about that Tsumiki, I don't think Nanami cares as long as you have fun."

"N-no?"

"No.  I see that you worry a lot, I've seen what happened in science in the beginning of the school year.  I know some exercises that can help relieve stress and anxiety, would you like to try?  If not, then talking it out might do good."

"Wh-what do you mean by exercises?" Mikan asked, scooting slightly closer, before scooting back shyly

"Simple physical activity.  When it comes to knowing how to use a sword, you must know that although you may not be able to get better muscle strength, it grants a good cardio workout."

"Do you train with anyone sp-specifically?"

"Not anymore, I however prefer to train alone.  It usually relaxes me, and I don't have to worry about hurting someone else if I were to do it with them, " Peko stood up "Doing simple exercises can also help with breathing techniques.  Would you like a try?"

"I've heard of some exercises for cardio, b-but never involving a sword..This almost feels like it's in Nekomarus zone."

"Me and him do share similarities, but we never trained together.  He does talk to me about it, however."

"If it's to help with breathing, then I can learn a new way from you!"  Mikan smiled slightly

----
"Do another slice with your right foot this time, " Peko asked: the nurse almost regretted her decision, she held the handle tightly, palms facing each other.  She would step forward with her left arm, letting the sword slice down in front of her, her hand on waist level. "This is called the 'Half-cut', if you feel out of breath I suggest you take a 30 second break in between positions."

"I'll need a small break.." Mikan felt sweat form on her forehead and under her chest, rolling down her body.  Her face was a light shade of red, she didn't even know she was holding her breath
----
"The full cut allows you to cut horizontally with a sword.  May I demonstrate?" The girl with glasses asked politely

"O-of course!  Don't let me hold you back from showing m-me!"

"Thank you." The swordswoman held her sword in the same position as she were in for the half cut, with her left foot she lunged forward, parallel to the floor.  She lifted the sword above her head and sliced down swiftly, the glinting blade facing away from her.  Even when doing a physical exercise, Peko never cease to lose that luminous and predatory aura.  Intimidating would be the correct word.  Not even a drop of sweat would take its position on her face, it would've taken a lot more than a swift cut that would get her to prespirate

"S-so it's like when people chop logs of wood w-with an axe?  But with a sword, right?"

"If you perceive that way, then I wouldn't disagree. "
.
.
.
.
.
"How do you feel, Tsumiki?" Pekoyama asked, only about two drops of sweat rolled down her forehead, meanwhile Mikan was on the floor, regretting she wore heavy pajamas, with the heater on.

"V-very tired, are you hurt at all?"

"No, but may I ask a question before I leave?"

"Of course!" Tsumiki smiled, handing Peko a water bottle. 

 "W-what do you want t-to ask, Pekoyama?"

"Do you know who Mukuro Ikusaba is?  Is she in any of your classes?"

Huh? 

"M-Mukuro?" She repeated "She's in my first, fourth and eight period class, b-but that's it.  I never really personally sp-spoke to her, I'm sorry..!"

"Oh, no need to apologize, " The swordswoman spoke up "It was random, but thank you."

"But I have a question for that..if its okay for me to ask, " Mikan glanced around the room, tugging and rubbing on the cream coloref bandages that were wrapped around her arm "Why do you need to know about M-Mukuro?  I'm sorry if it's rude, you don't h-have t-to answer!"

"Oh, I'd rather not say."

"I'm sorry for asking! "

"Tsumiki, theres no need to apologize.  It was an innocent question, so don't beat yourself up for it."

"Oh"

So Pekoyama isn't annoyed with me?  That's a relief, I do wonder when the tournament is gonna happen, I wanna see what happens there.

"Chiaki said the tournament is in the afternoon to the evening, so would you like to hang out until then?"

Peko asked, the corners of her mouth twitched slightly, as if she was forcing herself to..smile?

"Th-thank you, I'd really like that."