🌃❄🌨51: Starting the Break🌨❄🌃

The next day was a blur, tests were placed on each desk on each classroom for every period. At the end of the exhausting day, the announcements came on. Students forgot that they had a Christmas break until they were told! All of this drama and the tests messed up their memory to the point they even forgot Christmas was coming. Minutes after the bell rang, students would be exiting the building, some saying goodbye to each other since they wouldn't see each other until the new year. The trains and streets were filled with students of all kind going back home, whether they lived in Akishima, Tokyo, or any other city or town they commuted from.

"Hey, Mikan, aren't you going to go back to Osaka? You mentioned your commuting from there, and I don't know if you're going back." Kaede asked, packing her large duffle bag.

"O-oh no! I'd rather stay here, what if someone were t-to get hurt?" Tsumiki assured her, sitting up. "Besides, I don't think my f-family would want me home." She awkwardly laughed.

"Why wouldn't they want you home?"

"Well.."

---
"If you know what's good for you then you wouldn't have come back here you waste of fucking space!"

SMACK!

"I-I'm sorry mom!"

"Rumiko! Leave her alone! She just wanted to come home for the break!"

"Well I never wanted her to come home, or even be alive! She's a goddam nuisance!"
---

"Uh..there's a l-lot of home issues and I d-dont think my parents would like to have more stress over me coming over to stay!"

"Well, if you need to talk to me just call me, okay? I'll see you next year!" Kaede opened the door to their dorm, waving.

"Wait!" Mikan stood up and tripped dover herself trying to run to the pianist. She quickly picked herself up and wrapped her arms around her back and waist, giving Kaede a tight, warm hug. "I'm g-gonna miss you!"

She choked on her words, sniffling soon turned to sobbing as tears filled with loneliness dripped down her flushed cheeks

"..I'm gonna miss you too, Mikan. You're my best friend.." Akamatsu put down her bags to reciprocate the hug. "I'll call you when I get home, okay?"

"O-okay..bye!"

"Wait are you crying?"

*sniffle*

"Aw..it's okay. Bye."

"B-bye!"

The door finally shut, the vanilla scent that once clashed with the smell of alcohol wipes and caramel left, leaving Mikan alone, by herself.