chapter five: does this mean we're superheroes?

chapter five:
'does this mean we're superheroes?'

chapter five: 'does this mean we're superheroes?'

✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸

     ROWAN HAD SERIOUSLY UNDERESTIMATED HOW LONG IT would take her to get ready since her new development. She had decided to take a shower. Since she didn't have a bath in her house (aka) trailer, washing her hair with a tail was beyond difficult. Then, she had to wait to dry officially up to get her legs back. Luckily, she figured out that using hair dryer to get dry helped speed the process along, but it still took longer than she wanted.. By the time, she was ready to go to school, she was already an hour late.

"Bye dad!" She called out as she left our trailer.

     Rowan was usually late to school anyway, but a week prior, her dad got a notice from the school that if Rowan was fifteen minutes late or more, three more times, she would have to go to something called attendance school. And Rowan already had to be at school eight hours longer than she wanted to, each weekday.

When the short brunette entered Chemistry class, she saw Sarah giving her a look. She assumed Sarah was a bit annoyed, because she was late and they were lab partners. That confused Rowan, though, because she really didn't help with the assignments, anyway. Sarah always did all of the work, whether Rowan tried to help or not.

"Nice of you to join us, Miss Halifax,"

"Well, I couldn't stay away for long. I'm just so excited to learn some Chemistry." She responded, sarcastically, earning a glare from Mr. Hammond.

"Sit down, and work on your assignment."

The brunette rolled her eyes walked to the back of the class. She had never liked Mr. Hammond. He was strict and a gave off a weird vibe. She didn't trust him. She didn't have a good reason. She just didn't. Call it instinct.

     Rowan sat down next to Sarah with a huff.

"You alright? Why are you late?" Sarah questioned, a bit concerned.

"I'm fine. It just took me a lot longer than I thought to get ready, due to our little fishy problem,"

"Yeah, I was worried about that," She said. "That's why I got up at five."

     Rowan scoffed. "Five? In the morning? Why the hell would you do that to yourself?"

"So I'm not late, unlike you," She sarcastically joked.

"I think I'd rather just be late," Rowan commented, chuckling. "I didn't even know life existed before seven a.m,"

Sarah laughed, catching Mr. Hammond's attention they didn't notice was walking around the classroom and had stopped at their lab station.