𝟏𝟖 - xiaojun x wayv

xiaojun centric ( w/ a side of xiaodery )
light angst
— dejun is struggling with his self esteem and body image.

DEJUN WAS WOKEN up by the sound of knocking on his door. "time to wake up, we have practice soon," ten's voice came from the other side of the door, and despite his relatively calm tone, the sound brought some shooting pain to dejun's head. "yeah, i'll be there soon," he croaked out, squeezing his eyes to get rid of his headache.

slipping out of his covers and settling his feet on the floor, dejun almost lost his balance. having gotten up too fast, he saw starts and had to blink them away. shaking his head vigorously, he reached the closed door to his room. "finally, you're awake dejun, let's go," kun spoke, nodding his head to the exit door. "yeah, i'll just change my shirt. one sec."

after having changed into a long sleeved sweater and keeping on the sweats he slept in, dejun grabbed his phone and a face mask. he followed the other members out the door, light on his own feet.

he decided to skip out on breakfast, not that it would make a difference. the dance instructors kept telling him to eat less and dance better, always pushing him more and more. he was exhausted and hungry, but he knew he had to be better, to eat less to be more attractive to the public.

by the time his thoughts overwhelmed his head, they had arrived to the practice room. on they went with training, starting with some individual stretches and warm ups. dejun stayed far away from the other members, minding his own business.

by the time they got a break, dejun felt even more exhausted than when he walked out of the door that morning. he decided to sit on one of the couches in the back of the room, not trusting himself to be able to stand up properly. shifting into a more comfortable position, he decided to lay down and close his eyes.

"dejun," a voice spoke next to his ear. he didn't want to open his eyes and see who it was; not that he needed to, he could recognize that voice from a mile away. he hummed instead, not wanting to speak. "you okay?" kunhang asked, sitting near where his head was on the couch. "yeah, m'fine," dejun replied, waving his hand weakly. kunhang sent him a look, not believing his boyfriend's words.

"you want to sit up? you can lean on my shoulder," kunhang said, lightly ruffling dejun's hair. the older hummed, sitting up. for the second time in the day, his vision was taken over by stars and he blinked forcefully. "you good? you seem a bit sick, dejun," kunhang said worriedly, holding his boyfriend so he wouldn't fall. "i'm okay," dejun tried to say, but his words trailed off as he started feeling weak.

he decided to lean on kunhang, knowing he would fall if his boyfriend wasn't holding onto him. "did you have anything to eat today? i don't even think i saw you eating dinner last night. dejun, when did you last eat?" the other said, even more worried than before. "i ate a granola bar for dinner," he replied, eyes closed.

"dejun...that's not a dinner, baby," kunhang said, tone careful and downcast. "is everything okay with you?" he continued, bringing dejun's head so they could make eye contact. "yeah..." dejun weakly said, not even believing his own words. "what's wrong?"

"i'm pathetic, that's what. i can't do anything right, and no one likes me. they keep telling me i need to lose weight to be more attractive," dejun said, tears quickly pooling out of his eyes. he wiped furiously at them, not wanting to be seen weak in front of the others. "dejun, that's not true. you're absolutely beautiful, and so many people love you. anyone who tells you that you need to change is not your fan. they don't deserve your attention."

"thanks, kunhang," dejun sniffled, his tears calming down. the younger gave him a supportive smile, pulling him in for a hug. "i love you. don't ever forget that, okay?" kunhang reassured, hugging dejun tighter. "i won't. i love you too."

the other members had caught onto their discussion, but decided not to but in. they collectively agreed to talk about it in a group later that evening, leaving the two to have their moment.

this didn't come out exactly how i wanted it to, but i still hope you guys enjoyed it ^^