𝟏𝟕 - chensung + dreamies

chensung ( chenle & jisung, nct dream )
fluff
— jisung comes out as nonbinary.

JISUNG FELT WEIRD hiding this from their friends, especially their boyfriend. they had no reason to be afraid, their friends are very supportive and accepting. they just felt like this was very personal and they weren't ready to share it yet. although, that feeling completely went out the drain when hanging out with other people. during any hang out, jisung would leave feeling drained because they had to hear the wrong pronouns. they knew not to blame their friends, they didn't know jisung is nonbinary.

so, after lunch one day, jisung decided they would come out to chenle. they decided to start small, and chenle definitely deserved to know what has been eating at them for so long. they would come out to chenle that evening during their at home date.

when jisung opened the door, they felt sick, almost like they had to throw up. but they knew they couldn't back out now, this had to be done. "hey jisung !! come sit, i have movies layed out. help me pick one !" chenle greeted them, a warm smile on his face. jisung's stomach squeezed in nervousness. they nodded, joining their boyfriend on his couch.

"so, i have a couple movies here ! to start, we have mulan, harry—" chenle suddenly stopped talking when looking up at jisung. "what's wrong?" he asked worriedly, and jisung cursed the fact that chenle knew them so well. well, it's now or never. "um, well, can i tell you something?" they asked, not being able to maintain eye contact with the boy sitting in front of them.

"of course, you can tell me anything, jisung," chenle reassured gently, taking one of jisung's hands in his. "what's up?" he continued. "i've been meaning to tell you something for a while, but i couldn't bring myself to. there's always a part of me that tells me you'll hate me or something. i know it's probably not true, but this is so hard to say— i can't breathe, oh my god," jisung hurriedly said, their breathing getting a bit messy. "hey, jisung, just breathe with me, okay?" chenle quickly said, deeply breathing in and out, jisung following his pattern.

once jisung's breathing was back to normal, chenle looked at them worriedly. "are you sure you're ready to tell me? you seem nervous, baby," chenle said, eyebrows knit in worry. "i have to tell you, i can't wait longer," jisung replied, head still down. the older nodded at them to go on. "i'm, um, i'm nonbinary," jisung spoke, words coming out really fast. it's a miracle chenle understood them. yet again, it probably shouldn't be, chenle has always been able to understand jisung, no matter what.

jisung couldn't bare looking at the floor any longer, so they looked up. they were met with chenle's bright smile. "thank you for telling me, baby. that must have taken so long to build up courage for. i'm so proud of you." the older said, taking jisung's hands once again. jisung sighed in relief, finally being able to breathe better in a long time. "how long have you known?" chenle asked, breaking the small silence between them.

"no more than a year, maybe?" jisung answered, fiddling with one of chenle's bracelets. it was one jisung had bought him for their anniversary two years ago. "that long? and i've been using the wrong pronouns for you?" chenle said, voice picking up in panic. "they/them, right?" he continued, and jisung nods. chenle's face twists in worry and guilt. "i've been misgendering you for a year? i'm so sorry jisung."

jisung smiles at him warmly, and says "it's okay, you didn't know. you had no way of knowing." chenle seems to relax a bit. "but still, i unintentionally hurt you," he says, teeth tugging on his lower lip. "it's okay. now you know, so you can at least feel good knowing that you won't be doing it anymore."

chenle nods, moving to rest his head on jisung's shoulder. "thank you again, for telling me and trusting me," he says softly, getting comfortable on the younger's shoulder. "of course, you're the first person i would tell anything to," they say, nudging chenle the best they could while he was still on their shoulder. chenle laughs at that, but quiets down shortly after. "you gonna tell the others?" he asks, getting up from his postion. "when do you plan on doing that? should i use they/them for you around them? cause i can't misgender you again. or should i just not use pronouns?" he rushes out, panicking again.

"hey, calm down, it's okay. i'll tell them tomorrow," they say, ruffling chenle's hair. the older nods, relaxing again. jisung is just grateful to have such a supportive boyfriend.

...

the next day, jisung walks to lunch with an uncomfortable feeling in their stomach. a part of them was scared to come out to their friends, but with chenle sitting next to them, they think they'll be okay.

"jisungie !! how was your morning?" jaemin is the first to greet them, smiling warmly with eyes full of love. jisung can't tell the truth about how they could barely focus because of the worry in their stomach. "it was okay, jaemin hyung," they settle on saying, sitting in their seat next to chenle. the older gives their hand a supportive squeeze, tapping it three times to say 'i love you'.

when all seven of them were seated at their table, jisung figured now would be the right time to tell their friends. "um, guys?" they ask, gaining all of their attention. "what is it, jisung?" jeno asks, worry evident on his face. jaemin, who was sitting on his right, looked equally as worried, if not more. "is everything okay?" renjun asks, looking just as worried as his two boyfriends, but it was more evident in his eyes than face.

"yes, everything is okay. i just— i need to tell you guys something," they said, gaining the courage to look across the table to all of their friends faces. "is this the part where you tell me you've murdered someone?" donghyuck says, a sort of twinkle in his eyes. "donghyuck," jaemin says, tone warning him not to say anything stupid right now. he gives jisung a look to say 'go on'.

"right, well, i'm not a boy," they decide to start by saying. the table senses that jisung has something else to say, so they keep quiet. "i'm nonbinary," jisung finishes. jisung sees jaemin's reaction first, seeing as they are seated right in front of him. "thank you for telling us, jisungie," he says, reaching across the table to grab their hands. jisung quickly gets the memo, and extends their hands for jaemin to hold. "thank you for trusting us with this information, jisung. i'm proud of you," jeno says, smiling at them.

"yeah, that must have been hard to say. thanks for telling us, we love you," renjun continues, reaching over the table to ruffle their hair. "do you want us to use they/them?" donghyuck asks, looking at them from his seat. "yes, please," they smile. "okay! we'll do that!" mark says from his spot next to donghyuck. "i'm really proud of you, sung. i love you," chenle whispers in their ear, squeezing their hand once again.

"i love you more, lele," jisung answers, wholeheartedly meaning it. they smile at each other, forgetting everything else going on around them.

jisung left for their afternoon classes feeling much lighter and free.

i cannot get nb jisung out of my head, so i wrote this haha.