𝟏𝟒 - renmin

renmin (renjun & jaemin, nct dream)
fluff

"THEY DON'T BELIEVE me," renjun whined, shortly after having let out a sigh. he was sitting down on his desk chair, head hanging from the top of the chair. his neck felt uncomfortable, but that was not his biggest concern at the moment. jaemin, who was sat on renjun's bed, let out a small giggle at his boyfriend's antics.

"baby, it's not my fault i'm so beautiful and nice," jaemin answered, laughing even harder when renjun threw a cushion in his direction. "literally shut up, jaemin." renjun's back was facing him, but jaemin could tell the older was rolling his eyes. "this is serious," he whined out, dragging the syllables of the last word.

"junnie, i can go to your friends directly and talk to them, you know this," jaemin responded, changing into a softer tone. he got up from his place on his boyfriend's bed, walking towards the latter who was now properly sitting facing him. the pair made eye contact and jaemin sent renjun a soft smile, encouragement taking over all of it. he cheered internally when he saw the crooks of renjun's mouth go up a slight bit.

"i know...but they're the ones being stupid. they literally don't believe we're dating, that's on them," renjun answered, looking down towards his hardwood floors. from where jaemin was standing, he could see a small pout forming on his boyfriend's face. he had half the heart to laugh at how cute renjun was being, but he knew it wouldn't help the situation they were currently in.

"yeah, you're right," he finally decided to answer that way, his hand finding his boyfriend's. he softly played with one of the rings on renjun's right index finger, twisting it around. the older of the two let out a soft hum, deciding he wanted to spend some time quietly with jaemin. "we can talk more about this later, i want to spend some time with you," renjun quietly said, breaking apart the silence and looking up at the younger. jaemin softly hummed as an answer, taking renjun's other hand and helping him up from his chair.

"what do you want to do? watch a movie?" jaemin suggested, taking away some stray hair strands that had made their way onto renjun's face. smiling softly, he answered, "i don't mind...we can find something random." the couple made their way to the living room of renjun's apartment and settled on the couch. they spent their night together watching a selection of different movies, varying in genres. it ended up with jaemin falling asleep during their fourth one, his head tucked into renjun's shoulder.

...

a couple days later, renjun was at his apartment along with his two close friends, donghyuck and chenle. they decided to have a sleepover, seeing as it was harder for them to spend time together lately because of their packed schedules.

"i literally missed you guys so much, oh my god," donghyuck exclaimed, getting comfortable on renjun's living room couch. he sat at the farthest left, with renjun in the middle and chenle at the right. "seriously, what they hell is up with our schedules. i swear i haven't properly seen you guys in like, months," chenle chimed in, rolling his eyes. renjun softly hummed, only half paying attention to their conversation.

the silence that followed was cut shortly after by a phone ringing. renjun recognized it as the ringtone he had set for his mother's number. "hey, that's my mom, can you answer it and put it on speaker?" he asked donghyuck, seeing as his phone was set on the small table next to the left side of his couch. "sure."
he answered the call and put it on speaker as he moved it to the central table that was situated in front on the couch.

"renjun, sweatheart, how are you?" his mother asked, nearly a second after donghyuck had answered it. "i'm doing pretty well, mom. uni's been kicking my ass, and my schedule's crazy, but it's settling down a bit," he answered, absentmindedly fiddling with the ring placed on his index. "i'm sorry to hear that, jun," she answered and he could hear the sincerity in her voice. "when you get less busy, would you like to come visit?"