𝟏𝟔 - norenmin

norenmin ( jeno, renjun & jaemin, nct dream)
fluff
— high school au.

JAEMIN WAS STRUGGLING. harbouring a crush on his two close friends took a huge emotional toll on him. he made it a point to not tell anyone about his embarrassing feelings for renjun and jeno because he didn't want to get made fun of, especially by his friend group. he especially didn't want anyone to find out about his crushes since it was painfully obvious that renjun and jeno liked each other.

jaemin knew that it was only a matter of time before they got together. he'd be present when jeno would gush to him during their study sessions, and when renjun would blush madly while talking about jeno during their sleepovers. jaemin knew better than to make his feelings obvious. he didn't want to come in between their blooming romance. he hid his painful emotions behind a smile and encouraged his friends to confess.

...

walking into school the following monday morning, jaemin stopped in the middle of the hallway when he came across the sight of jeno and renjun holding hands. the older of the two was leaning against the lockers as jeno was grabbing his textbooks the best he could with only one hand. jaemin was almost able to turn around and speed walk to his next class, but he locked eyes with renjun and knew he couldn't escape now. the older shot him a smile and pulled jeno and his interlocked hands to walk towards jaemin.

"good morning, nana," renjun spoke first, sending him a smile that caused his heart to stop and his stomach to drop. "hey, guys," he answered quietly, feeling his mood drop. "i asked renjun out yesterday!" jeno excitedly said, seemingly not picking up on jaemin's mood. "oh, really? that's great to hear. i'm so happy for you guys," jaemin said, ignoring the feeling worsening in his stomach.

thankfully, he was saved by the bell and quickly walked away to his classroom. renjun and jeno shared a look of concern, they themselves walking to their class. "when are we gonna ask him out? he looked crushed after you told him we got together...i knew we should've just done this as three," renjun sadly said. he frowned, turning towards jeno. the younger placed his palm on renjun's cheek, softly stroking the skin. "we'll do it tonight, then. alright junnie?"

"okay, tonight."

...

renjun and jeno were able to stop jaemin before he walked out of the school gates. "what's up?" he asked, slightly concerned about how quickly jeno and renjun ran towards him. "um, can we talk?" jeno asked, his gaze going from jaemin's face to the bleachers not too far away from them. "sure, yeah."

once the trio sat down, jeno and renjun took deep breaths to settle themselves. "okay, so, you know how this morning i told you i asked renjun out?" jeno started. jaemin nodded, knowing that would be something he could never forget. "well, we talked a lot last night...and although i asked him out, we both talked about something after. he told me how he had feelings for someone else, and that i had to be aware of that although we were dating. surprisingly, i have feelings for someone else too, and after telling this to renjun, we found out that we both liked the same person. that person is you, jaem."

listening attentively, jaemin's heart stopped at jeno's confession. "what? you guys like me?" he couldn't even believe what he was hearing, there was no way this was real. "yes, nana, we like you," renjun softly said, taking one of jaemin's hands into his. jeno took the other, smiling the same way as renjun. "when renjun told me he was poly and had feelings for you too, i thought it was my lucky day, seeing as i'm poly and also have feelings for you. we have a small hunch you might like us back, but if you don't, it's okay because we just wanted to tell you the truth."

"of course i like you both. i can't believe this is happening," jaemin answered, tears welling in his eyes. "don't cry, nana," renjun softly hummed, wiping the tears off of his cheeks. "they're happy tears, it's okay," he said, letting out a laugh. renjun and jeno both laughed as well, smiling to each other. they were finally complete. "we're taking you out on a date tonight, is that okay?" jeno asked after a couple silent moments. "of course," jaemin happily said, tears finally drying up.

...

when they let their friends know that they together, the reactions they got were different from each friend.

"it's about damn time, i was tired of all this pining" from donghyuck.

"that's great to hear, congrats !" from mark.

"this is great! i finally won't have to endure jaemin's sad pining. oh my god." from chenle.

"congrats, hyungs. just don't kiss in front on me, okay?" from jisung.

the couple laughed at the scattered comments, happily settling into their lunch table.

finally a norenmin au !! i've been wanting to write a story abt them for a while now. hope you guys enjoyed <3