[46] ✽ Being A Friend ✽

Start from the beginning

Jungkook nodded, patting your back soothingly.

"Thank you for telling me. I'll look into their family and try to find something while you should take a seat and drink your coffee for now."

"Okay. Tell me if you need any help."

He offered you a kind smile and you felt assured that somehow, sharing such a big secret to Jungkook wouldn't turn against you. Hoping for the best, you grabbed your coffee and sipped it. The bittersweet taste made you happy and helped the tension lessen from your brain.

You cleared your throat, feeling uncomfortable as the pair of eyes never left your seated form. You fiddled with the file in your hands, eyes darting everywhere except to the person who was glaring at you right now.

"You," he began and you ignored him, "hey Yuna! I am talking to you."

Poking your inner cheeks with your tongue, you kept your gaze fixed on the file. Pretending to be extremely immersed into reading it before it was snatched from your grip.

You looked up in surprise, only to be met by his piercing glare.

"Don't pretend to ignore me. I am literally sitting in front of you."

You blinked.

He looked at you expectantly but you were not going to talk until your boss came for your rescue. On cue, he appeared from the washroom and walked over to the sofas where you and he were seated.

Jungkook took a seat beside you with hesitation because the tension between the two of you was starting to lower down and he raised a brow, slightly amused.

"Glad you came hyung."

Seokjin scowled, "I came because you said you had something important to talk about. But why is she holding that file?"

Seokjin pointed in your direction before throwing the file onto the table in between the three of you. He looked extremely unhappy and you wondered what was wrong for you to know about his situation.

"I don't know why you are angry but you can trust me that I won't spill the secret to anyone. Whom else would I talk to now that my best friend is gone?"

You shrugged nonchalantly and the two male exchanged a look which you knew was of pity and regret. But Jin looked at you again and cleared his throat.

"That's not it..."

"Then?" You asked.

He didn't meet your eyes but he groaned, rolling his neck before digging the heel of his palm into his eyes. Then Seokjin looked up to glare at Jungkook who had a face of confusion.

"Why did you have to tell her about this?"

"Stop referring to me that way Seokjin."
You almost growled in rage.

He gave you a stupid look before turning to glare at your boss again.

"She asked me from a few months back and I felt like it was fair to let her know now that we are acquaintances."