𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘

☀︎︎

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝑌 𝑁𝐼𝑁𝐸𝐴 𝑆𝑝𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑟'𝑠 𝐷𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝑌 𝑁𝐼𝑁𝐸
𝐴 𝑆𝑝𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑟'𝑠 𝐷𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛

☀︎︎

Eddy had never slept so restlessly.

When Friday woke him for morning patrol, he'd already watched the sun drift to peek behind the curtains, coating the messy floor of his room in orange light. From the hallway, he could hear chatter in the kitchen. It had been months since he'd last woke to such a noise. But it was not Steve's voice floating through the hallways, nor was it's Wanda's laugh or Vision's exclamation of confusion (a sound in itself which sounded too much like his old friend Jarvis). Instead, came Tony's familiar voice, paired with the strong voice of another.

He knew, of course, that it was the scientist. Evelyn Mcgregor, if he could remember correctly. The woman was here to help him, to figure whatever it was that his cells were so entwined with. They still had their theories: of the zero matter, or the dark matter as Tony had called it, that he must have absorbed that day in the chaos of Howard's secret lab. She'd been called to figure out why it reacted with his body in such a way, but the longer they'd left it, the more Eddy realised he really didn't want to know.

Eddy stepped from the hallway and into the bright daylight of the kitchen with dark bags under his eyes. Thoughts of Wanda and that strange woman and The Guard had filled his head the entire night. They still filled his head then, horrible theories of his brother and his faked death, as he stole a cup of coffee from the bench and teleported away from the two without a word.

He needed a distraction.

It just so happened that the best distraction came in the form of a boy in a red and blue super suit.

"You know what would be brilliant?" Split said as he kicked his feet into the air lazily, stepping across the rooftop as Spiderman looked up to him. "If every time a fight kicked up, music started playing from the suits. Like in those films."

He'd only seen a few of those such films, but it didn't stop him from imagining it. He didn't know what his own song would be with Spiderman, but Steve's and Tony's would have been something fast-paced, something that was laced in anticipation. Split didn't know why he was thinking of such a thing. Well, he did. Anything to distract him from the thought of his brother, given that Spidey had been too quiet over the past weeks.

"No way. I'd get distracted and have my ass kicked in seconds," Spiderman said with a laugh, his head resting against his folded arms.

"We could work on that," Split said with an animated shrug, continuing his pacing.

"You're restless this morning."

"Long night," he said, shrugging again, stopping his movements only as his partner sat up quickly, scrambling to his feet.