𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘

☀︎︎

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝑌 𝑂𝑁𝐸𝐴𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑔𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝐼𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑔𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝑌 𝑂𝑁𝐸
𝐴𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑔𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝐼𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑔𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠

☀︎︎

Midtown high was quiet as Eddy rushed down the hallways, late to an appointment that only he had made. Coach Wilson's dingy classroom was at the farthest end of the school, hidden behind the oldest set of lockers and stained with the smell of used gym clothes and equipment. There were three doors to the room: one headed to the sports hall, the other to a cupboard that was larger than the actual classroom, but Eddy headed toward the last, the only one that remained wide open.

He skidded to a stop, shoes squeaking against the floors as he hung onto the doorframe, hanging his head in only slightly. Coach Wilson remained still, head propped up by one arm, eyes held shut. On an old-fashioned tv at the front, a video of Steve was playing, talking about the consequences of detention. MJ turned to watch him with narrowed eyes before she twisted her entire body, pencil moving to scratch against her book.

As Eddy whispered his name, Peter finally swung around to look. Eddy beckoned him forward and waited as he twisted to look at the Coach again before pushing himself from the chair, making a racket of noise. He scurried from the door, running until they rounded the corner of the hallways so they could talk.

"What are we doing?" Peter asked, a grin spreading across his face.

"Saving you from detention," Eddy said quickly, nudging his head for him to follow. "Come on, I have an idea of where we can go."

The two walked through the busy streets at a speed that was closer to running. Eddy wanted to do nothing else than turn and place his arms around Peter, teleporting them to the simple place he had in mind. But they were there at the same instance he'd convinced himself out of the idea.

The apartment building towered far into the sky. The idea was boring, in hindsight. There were many better things they could have done- all of which Eddy couldn't think of. But he wanted to show Peter something of his other life, his secret identity while keeping it locked away at the same time. It was up there, on one of the tallest buildings in Queens that he'd spent many hours as Split, watching over the bustling scene below without a fear in the world.

Peter didn't ask a single question as he led him through the back stairs nimbly, hurrying through the steps that emerged onto the roof. Eddy sat on the very edge, legs dangling over the side. Without hesitation, Peter plopped down beside him, gazing easily over the frame.

"You can see all of Queens for here," he said as he brought his eyes up to face the skyline.

"One of the tallest buildings in the area," Eddy said, cringing at his own response. "Everything feels quieter up here. The distance helps."