𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫

☀︎︎

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝑊𝐸𝑁𝑇𝑌 𝑆𝐼𝑋𝑉𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝑊𝐸𝑁𝑇𝑌 𝑆𝐼𝑋
𝑉𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛

☀︎︎

The letter had been held so many times that the paper was eternally scrumpled, torn slightly in places and yellowed in the corners. It seemed to be the very key to unlocking Eddy's fondest memories of his sister: all he had to do was clutch it between his fingers and skim his eyes over the swirling curve of the words and he could imagine her as he always did with pinned hair and fine-pressed suits. The letter was as good as any photograph, as any dream that'd seeped into reality.

Little brother.

It too made him think of Wanda's slip up when she'd almost called him by that name, just as Peggy once had.

It was times like these that he wished someone was with him in the compound. He hadn't spoken to Tony for more than a week, let alone seen him. He wasn't sure that he even wanted to, after the lecture he'd received last time. The more he thought on it, the more he appreciated it- not that he would listen though. His superhero persona was more alive than ever, despite what Tony Stark wished. Eddy missed Steve. It felt like he'd been ripped from him the moment they'd met. Perhaps that was destiny's doing, with fate finding some way to mess with him even more.

It was always the same. The moment loneliness hit, Eddy would find himself making his way through the barren hallways to Mr Stark's lab, pulling up all working files on his two current projects. To the right, by all the chemistry equipment, was his brother's jarring face. He couldn't seem to recognise him anymore, knowing his death had been a lie. To the left, was the faces of the missing Avengers, Wanda and Steve taking centre place.

He trawled through pages and locations for hours, distracting himself sporadically with random tiny experiments he found in the pages of an old notebook. The last he knew of Wanda was that she was detained in the Raft prison with most of the others. As for Steve, he'd last been seen by Tony in a Hydra facility in Siberia. Both had escaped and both were undoubtedly on the run. They were together though- at least that made it somewhat easier.

As he turned, readying to pull up another map outline, Eddy was startled by the synthezoid who stood by the doorway. Vision stared down at him, his eyes wide and curious. Eddy spun, flicking his hands to scatter the pages.

"Friday, wipe all screens."

As the holograms disappeared, Vision stepped down into the lab, his hands held firmly behind his back. "I know what you're doing."

Eddy's heart sunk like a stone.

"I- I don't-"

His mind whirled and raced for anything he could say, anything to argue that he definitely wasn't using Tony Stark's lab to find out about his brother's fake death and to locate Wanda and Steve's. But he was silenced- both thoughts and stuttering- but Vision's hand. The synthezoid's head inclined forward as if in understanding.