𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

☀︎︎

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑁𝐼𝑁𝐸𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑘 𝐼𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑛𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑝

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑁𝐼𝑁𝐸𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁
𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑘 𝐼𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑛𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑝

☀︎︎

A brisk chill floated through the sitting area of the Avenger's compound. The heat of the bowl of noodles that rested on Eddy's stomach heated him upwards and the comforting scent of the microwave cake that cooled on the kitchen counter warmed the air. For being a billionaire, Tony Stark's eating habits definitely weren't up to scratch. But Eddy couldn't complain. The sound of the older man's laugh filled the room, muffled by the mouthful of food. He's never felt less lonely.

"Theoretically, you could make your suit a spacesuit," Eddy said as he stood, reaching for the chocolate cake and then moved back toward their spaces on the settee. Theories had filled their hour of chatter after Tony had returned from the Avenger's tower and Eddy had returned from his Friday at school.

"Many things can be done theoretically, doesn't mean I'll do them," Tony said, shrugging. All it took was a look from the teen and Tony was rolling his eyes with a smirk. "I may have one in the works." He paused. "Have you seen the video of the moon landing? I keep forgetting you wouldn't have known about it."

"Happy showed me it," Eddy said, laughing at the image of the man being so animated about something. "Apparently his uncle thinks it's a hoax."

Tony rolled his eyes again and shook his head. "Many people think our whole way of living is a hoax. You should have seen the response I got from the suit," he said, standing up from the seat, stretching after he placed his empty bowl on the coffee table. "Anyway, we're clearing out the tower so all my work is all over the place at the minute. We're transferring to the compound permanently so the lab's going to get a bit busier."

"So what's happening with the whole business side of things?" Eddy said, thinking of the fact that Pepper would have taken it over, had they not broke up.

"I honestly don't know," Tony said, staring forward.

Eddy decided to change the subject. "You didn't tell me about your intern from midtown."

Tony blanked for a moment. "Intern?"

"Peter Parker?" Eddy grinned, having thought he'd caught his new friend out.

"Oh, the kid," Tony said, playing it cooly. He shrugged. "Yeah, he does a few things for me sometimes. Good kid, good kid." He paused at the edge of the kitchen door, leaning against the framing. "Look, about the suit. I'd rather you didn't use it for a while. Keep it on the low."

"On the low?"

"Yeah. Just for a little bit," he said. "I'm leaving for India in two days to meet the scientist. The last thing I need is for you getting stuck in whatever space you inhabit when you teleport."