𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

☀︎︎

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑆𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑁𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑌𝑜𝑢

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑆𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑁𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁
𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑌𝑜𝑢

☀︎︎

"So what's this about a scientist helping you out?" Eddy asked, glancing across the lab desk to Tony, who was working away at a chip in his suit's glove. The man looked up to him, raising his brows before he looked down again.

"Evelyn?"

Edward smirked. "It's Evelyn now, not Dr McGregor?"

"Stop it with the smart mouth," Tony said as he pushed himself up from the lab bench, pointing a finger at him. "Yes, Evelyn, will be helping us. I'll be going away in a week or two to India."

"To persuade her to help?"

"No- She'll help. It's just a trust exercise," he said, hearing the poor lie the minute it left his mouth. "Okay, that was a bad cover, I'll give you that."

Eddy laughed, shrugging his shoulders. "It's okay. You don't need to hide the fact you like her."

"Like her?" Tony scoffed, and upon seeing the smug look on Edward's face he rolled his eyes. "Damn it, kid, you get cockier the more you stop hating me."

"I never hated you."

"I know."

No matter what either of them said, it was never awkward between Eddy and Tony. What'd happened in the past didn't matter either. They shared a mutual agreement that they were in it together, whatever it was, and looking around at the busy lab, at the scribbles of ink that marked the white walls that represented spontaneous ideas, and the samples left scattered to the side, waiting to be analysed, he felt a sense of homeliness at Tony Stark's side.

Eddy pushed himself away from his claimed part of the desk and turned on the spot. "I want to know everything. Everything in this room."

"Why?"

His head snapped toward the man, confused by the vagueness of his question. Could there ever be a true reason behind the want for knowledge? Was it not noble enough to possess that desire in the first place?

"What do you mean why?"

Tony's smiled was lopsided. The arm of his suit lay forgotten beside him. "It doesn't matter if you want to be a physicist, an engineer, whatever, the first thing you learn is to always ask why," Tony said, watching Eddy carefully. "You're body's teleporting you places at will. Why? The question of how will come hand and hand with it. So I'll ask you again. Why?"

Eddy thought for a moment before he answered. "Because I want to know. I want to learn how to be as innovative as you or Howard," Eddy said, speaking with a passion that surprised even himself. "I want to change the world in the same way you have."