𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬

☀︎︎

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝑊𝐸𝑁𝑇𝑌𝐵𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝐼𝑛 𝐵𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑘

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝑊𝐸𝑁𝑇𝑌
𝐵𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝐼𝑛 𝐵𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑘

☀︎︎

With Tony officially in India for what Eddy had referred to multiple times as a romantic getaway with the lady scientist, the lab at the Avengers compound was practically free reign. Dressed only in his underwear and a too-big shirt, he sat himself at his favourite chair in the centre of the room, a packet of chocolate biscuits shared between his hands.

Oh, if Peggy and Howard could see him now.

There was part of him that knew his sister would have been proud of him, having taken on such big tasks. The other part, which was only marginally smaller, knew that his recklessness would have scared her. Peggy was the definition of clever bravery- but her protectiveness often overran that. But either way, as he stared out across the numerous mounds of unlabelled equipment, a spike of excitement ran through Eddy's back. He would make his sister proud by doing exactly what he promised her he would do. He would show them that he could do anything.

But where to start? It was the hardest question of all, once the list had been whittled down to the mediocre, normal things a teenager of his age should have been worrying about. Looking across the lab gave him an overwhelming sense of confusion. There was too much unanswered to be able to begin, and Tony was already working on a lead for his abilities. So he began with the things that he knew he could work out.

"Friday, pull up the holograms of the database, please," he said, standing to his feet, dumping the biscuits on the leather chair. "Actually, could you play some music?"

"Certainly, Mr Carter. What would you like to listen to?"

He paused, eyes trained on the blue images that were suspended in the air above the central desk. "I don't know... Something Mr Stark would listen to."

Eddy almost jumped on the spot as the music shrieked out suddenly, a loud crashing of drums and a scream like pattern of singing. It was nothing like the Judy Garland songs that sprung to mind- his sister had always liked her.

"What is this?"

"This is Mr Stark's most recent play. AC/DC, sir," Friday replied. Eddy nodded as if it meant something to him.

He let the music play loudly in the background as he flicked the holograms around, using his wide hands to shuffle through images of documents. Wanda's face flashed up briefly as the images turned one after the other, becoming more targeted and concise as he went through. The loud shout-singing became catchy after the first round of the course.

"Show me the words to the song, Friday?"

"Certainly."

The hologram map was replaced with a projection of the lyrics. I'm back in black. Eddy skidded on his feet as he shuffled to the music, singing along as best he could, sometimes missing the hint of the tune altogether.