𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

☀︎︎

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐸𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇𝐿𝑎𝑔𝑜𝑠

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐸𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇
𝐿𝑎𝑔𝑜𝑠

☀︎︎

Edward had spent three days in his room after seeing Peggy again.

It had taken three days for Wanda to coax him out: three days of which she spent leaving coffee by his door at the same time they would usually meet in the kitchen in the mornings, and begged him to come out and to talk. Sometimes she wouldn't say anything at all, simply staying by his door in case he ever felt like sharing. Their quietness was without silence. Wanda knew what grief felt- grieving for a dead person was different to grieving for someone alive but lost, but she knew that aching pain that never seemed to go away.

Edward heard and felt it all. Wanda's presence alone seemed to calm him. But still, he couldn't bring himself to go out. Looking around the complex at the new, fresh faces of a future time made it all the more obvious that he was out of place, out of time. All it did was being the thought of Peggy up again, of the fact that she was old and wouldn't remember him, even if he went to see her again. It didn't matter that she'd said he would love this time and favour it over his own. It didn't matter. He needed his sister. And his sister was slipping away.

As Edward opened his door to the empty corridor, Wanda's coffee was where it usually was, except with a note scribbles on green paper by the side.

I'm going away for a few days. Take care of Vision for me. W x

Wanda's absence was the one thing that made him step from his room. Edward's worry was magnified as he walked into the main space of the complex to see Steve and Wanda, with Natasha and Sam standing close by. He swallowed his anxiety, hearing Tony and Vision enter the room close behind him.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Eddy, are you alright?" Steve asked.

Edward nodded, not wishing to talk about it.

"I'm glad you're here." Steve placed a hand to his shoulder as if he'd already anticipated the direction of the conversation. "But there's somewhere we need to go. It'll only take a few days," he said, glancing behind his hand. "You'll stay here with Tony and Vision."

"Is it a mission? Who's going?"

"Wanda, Natasha and Sam," Steve said, nodding his head to the three behind him. Edward blushed at the obviousness of the answer to his question. "As I say, it'll be a few days at most. We'll be back before you know it."