𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫

☀︎︎

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝑌 𝑆𝐼𝑋𝑆𝑝𝑙𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑆𝑝𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑦

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝑌 𝑆𝐼𝑋
𝑆𝑝𝑙𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑆𝑝𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑦

☀︎︎

Everything was normal when Split emerged from the darkness, slipping through space. Too normal. So normal that it was all he could think about at that moment.

The fact that he was surrounded by yellow school buses, the school towering behind him, only added to the sense of normality. It unnerved him, so much so that he clenched his hands into fists, letting them drop by his side, wrapped carefully in the black material of his suit. If Spiderman had been with him, they would have joked about that feeling- the hairs standing up on the back of his neck, something Split liked to call the Spidey tingle, much to the boy's annoyance.

Running a hand across the lining of the stomach of his suit, Split pulled in a breath and observed the space around him. There was a chance he'd made a mistake, unable to reach his crime-fighting partner in the same way he hadn't been able to find Steve, Wanda and the rest. Something about the suit seemed to make Spiderman easier to find, at least that was what SPlit believed.

But then a crash came from the other end of the schoolyard, the squeal of a blast of energy quickly following it, and Split could no longer doubt himself. If trouble was there, Spidey would quickly be following it.

Seconds later, Split landed in a crouch on top of one of the buses. Below, stood a man, his hand wrapped inside a clunky, metallic blaster from which the same swirling, familiar, blue power radiated, and there, sprawled out upon the ground, was Spiderman. Though it was not the usual glistening Stark technology, Split could recognise the red and blue of the suit anywhere.

"What's with the crappy costume?" The man said as he let out a bitter laugh, steps falling against the cold ground.

Spiderman's head snapped to the side as he rolled onto his stomach, only just beginning to try to stand. But his attacker raised his arm with stunted speed, his wrist shaking beneath the weight of the weapon that extended from his body like another, mechanic limb. Before he could put it to use, Split jumped forward, teleporting mid-air, emerging from the dark other-worldness not even a second after he'd entered it.

"On your left!" His voice fell intensely upon the scene.

With a sharp swing, Split's foot went swinging into the man's arm, tossing the weapon off-kilter, sending another blast spiralling into the school bus opposite. The man let out a grunt, his legs stumbling backwards as Split threw himself away, landing from his teleportation again, this time beside his partner.

Spiderman reached out a hand and Split caught it, hurrying to pull him toward his feet. "How did you know I was in trouble? I haven't got Karen," Spidey said as they scurried to hide behind one of the buses.