[45] ✽ New Problem ✽

Depuis le début

Jungkook took a shaky breath and you carefully watched him.

"I asked for you around and it was over ten minutes but you were nowhere to be seen. I thought you went home but your stuff was here and I couldn't help but worry if you were too angry to be in the same room as me."

And all this time you thought he was dumb and too selfish when he was only looking out for you. Jungkook closed his eyes, bowing his head like a lost puppy.

"I asked the group of workers who were nearby and they told me they saw you entering the locker room but one of them saw that bastard entering the room as well. We all rushed to the storeroom but it was locked and I was extremely worried for you."

He began rubbing his face, "I-I thought I lost you when I saw you blacked out on the floor that day. It was like a nightmare coming true."

You gulped, finding it hard to accept that Jungkook thought of you quite highly to the extent he was affected that much. Walking over to him, you awkwardly patted his shoulder.

He was still seated and this was the only way you could offer him comfort because he looked guilty, like everything had happened because of him. To your surprise, Jungkook stood up and pulled you in a hug.

"S-Sir?"

"I am sorry it's all my fault. I should have told you everything properly instead of making you suffer. I didn't even realise how he was making your life hell from the beginning until I got the news. I am sorry for failing as a boss."

His words touched your heart and you rubbed his back, slightly comfortable enough to hug him back without being flustered. It was the first time he was being so intimate with you, given his naive behaviour.

"It's not your fault sir. I was too persistent and blind to realise your concern for me and that's why I landed in trouble."

"I should have been careful and protected you."

You tsked, pulling away.

"Look, sir. Such stuff always happens with me and since we are on good terms now, I am glad."

"Really?"

"Yes." You nodded, "even though you think you failed as a boss, you helped me right? Plus you comforted me like a friend so don't worry about it anymore."

He stared at you for a while before nodding, his cheeks slightly going scarlet. You held in a laugh, noticing how flustered his face was when he realised his reaction to hugging you.

You grabbed the file he gave you, carefully tracing your palms over it before deciding to open it. Inside was filled with some papers and you scanned your eyes over them, reading aloud a line which caught your attention.

"Kim and Kim Industries surging as one?"

You looked at Jungkook who nodded gravelly.

"The Kim Industry of trades owned by Seokjin's father and the other Kim enterprise owned by Mr Kim Ji Hoon is secretly deciding to become one."

Your eyes darted back to the file, realising the reason why you still didn't hear the news on television or anywhere else. Your eyes slightly widened when your brain connected the dots and you almost dropped the file but Jungkook caught it.

"That is bad. This is bad sir."

"I know. Once these huge companies become one, they would overtake our Jeon Company which my father has worked hard to built."

"But isn't Jin your friend? Why doesn't he help?"

Jungkook shook his head.

"He does not want this contract to happen as well. But Seokjin has only 25% of the company share so his denial is not enough. We need more vote of rejection."

"Then the rest of 70%?" You asked.

"45% is owned by Mrs Kim, mother of Seokjin and 30% is owned by Mr Kim."

"Why is it that Seokjin's mother has more share than his father?"

It was extremely odd how their shares were divided unevenly because you thought Jin was the owner of their company.

"That was one of her condition before their marriage, that her share in every company would be more than her husband so in case they divorce or anything happens, Mrs Kim can have insurance."

You nodded.

"That's both brilliant and stupid. Why doesn't Mr and Mrs Kim have a good relationship if they are married?"

"That I don't know. Only Seokjin does and he doesn't want to talk about it to anyone."

Your head was spinning now, too much information at once. You never realised how messed up these powerful families were, until today. Now you felt bad for Seokjin, knowing that his life is nothing easy.

"So when will this news be released?"

"Soon. Can happen anytime."

"I have a doubt. If Mrs Kim owns most share then why she is agreeing to sign the deal? What's the profit for her?"

Jungkook turned to face you, his face full of grimace.

"That's where the problem starts. Mr Kim Ji Hoon has a daughter which is their only heir. So they want Seokjin and their daughter to marry while converging the two Kim company into one."

Your head was filled with numerous thoughts and horrors but something else was bothering you.

"Did you say the daughter of Kim Ji Hoon?"

"Yes."

That was screwed up, really badly. You began fiddling with your fingers, the thought disturbing your emotions. How could this happen? Maybe it was a mistake, it could be someone else too.

Jungkook noticed the change in your mood and he grabbed your hands.

"What-"

"This is bad sir. Extremely bad. More than bad."

You began pacing around the room, your thoughts going in a wreck because everything seemed to flip upside down.
Jungkook stood where he was, frowning.

"Why?"

"Because,"

You fixed your stare on him, dreading to tell your prediction but it was important for him to know.

"Their only daughter is none other than Kim Eunji, my rival."

A/N: the real drama starts now :)