"I'd like to know that, too," I say sternly, crossing my arms as I lean some weight to my left leg.

Fury says as he points accusingly at Thor, "Because of him!"

His arms crossed over his chest, the blue eyed male blinks his eyes a few times before asking, "Me?"

"Aquamarine knows this, as she was apart of the assignment, but last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge that massed levelled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopeless—hilariously—outgunned."

Thor states firmly, "My people want nothing but peace with your planet."

Fury demands as he turns to him, "But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched. That can't be controlled."

Cap asks, "Like how you control the cube?"

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it," Thor says as he steps forward, pointing downwards, "and his allies! It is a signal to all the realms that Earth is ready for a higher form of war."

""A higher form"?" Tony reiterates.

"You forced our hand," Fury tries to explain. "We had to come up with something."

"Nuclear deterrent. Because that always calls everything right down," Tony mutters.

"Remind me again, how you made your fortune, Stark?" Fury says rhetorically.

"I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck deep," Cap was saying until Tony cuts in.

"Wait, Wait—hold on! How is this now about me?"

"I'm sorry, isn't everything?"

Thor says in disappointment, "I thought humans were more evolved than this?"

"Excuse me! Did we come to your planet and blow stuff up?" Fury shoots back, turning to him.

"You don't seem to believe to have much trust," Thor says.

"Are you boys really that naive? S. H. I. E. L. D. monitors potential threats," Nat states, instantly gaining my attention and causing me to feel betrayed.

"Captain America's a threat, now?" Bruce mutters.

"Oh, so that's the real reason you sent Phil to recruit me all those years ago: you believed me to be a threat!" I cut in sarcastically, having had enough.

"We all are," Nat tries to say, but I wasn't hearing it. I turn onto Fury, my blue gaze burning like fire.

"And how could you not have trusted me with this critical information?!"

"I couldn't risk it; especially since you were just a child."

"I'm your comrade! I work for you! That's what you're supposed to do: trust each other. If you don't take the first step in doing that, then who will?! Not trusting one another just causes us to distance ourselves and make things even worse! And what the hell makes me a "threat" to begin with?!!" I make sure quotes around the word threat, deeming this whole thing utterly ridiculous.