My shaky hands calm down and I sigh in relief once I see his cheeks tint pink while a wide smile of adoration plasters itself onto his features as he stares into my eyes. I've rarely seen him this happy and my heart melts at the sight of his dimples and toothy bunny teeth grin.

"That's what I want too, Y/n. I know Jimin will be back soon so we can talk more tomorrow about this all but... there's something important you should know right now since we're finally on the topic." He takes a deep breath and I'm almost shocked at how nervous he seems to be, something thee Jeon Jungkook never showed while in high school, "The day that we had come home from shopping and I had taken a shower before you helped me with my heat- that's the day that I had realized I did have real feelings for you. I thought about it in the shower and it hit me that I had never had romantic feelings for anyone until you because... "

"I'm your mate." I whisper, finishing what I knew he would say, "Lately I had that very question in my head as to whether or not I was but I know that I was right, that the genuine feeling of me possibly being your mate was true because I feel it too. It hasn't been long since I've been with you around but I just know it."

"Yes. You are, you're my mate, Y/n." He takes one of my hands in his own and squeezes it while we both smile to one another, "I subconsciously knew ever since we were children when we were first friends back then. My home life though... my situation between my parents and I... it all made me become jealous of you and envy all that you had, I blocked you and everyone else out for a long time and that made me also lose sight of who my mate could be." He furrows his brow and sighs while my heart drops at this new information.

He begins to whisper apologies to me.

"It's okay, Jungkook. Don't apologize for the things you couldn't control. We can talk in more depth tomorrow about the past and everything but for now, I can see from what you just said that your childhood was not what you deserved and that deterred things that were to come but it's alright now. Now we can talk everything out and clear up any misunderstandings. You had a secret that no one else ever knew and I don't blame you for your actions back then." I pull him in close as I see tears well up in his eyes.

"But- there's something I did, something I had said to you that I regret so badly now and maybe everything would've been better if I hadn't- " I hush him as his voice starts to rise shakily.

"Whatever you said to me or did, I forgive you. What matters is that we're together now and you're living happily, accepted and finally with your mate." I squeeze his body close and he rests his head on my shoulder.

"You're right, I'm beyond thankful I had a second chance with you. I'm thankful you had faith in me and saved me." He pulls me in tighter and I lay my head on his chest, "I have so much to explain and I know this talk was short and pretty blunt but I'm glad we got to the point and can talk more later on." He breathily chuckles, sniffling.

We lay for a while in each other's embrace until I realize Jimin will be back soon.

"Now, why don't we relax a bit and cheer up. We're both on the same page with our feelings and realizations and we can talk tomorrow while getting coffee." I look up to him and he smiles down at me, "Jimin will be back soon with his hybrid so we don't want to be an emotional mess when he walks in." I chuckle and he lets me go.

"Right, ah- fuck don't do that." He inhales sharply at my hand that had gripped his thigh so that I could stand up.

"Shit- forgot it was boner time." I glance at his half hard on and shrug it off, teasingly smirking and not seeing the glare and raised eyebrow that he's giving me.

"Don't forget that I'm scenting you later." He stares me down as a purr radiates from his chest, his tail swaying on the couch next to him.

I blink at him with a straight face, "Okay?" I raise a brow at his new aura, the emotional side completely gone and tears no longer in his eyes, "Just don't pounce on me until Jimin's gone." I scoff playfully and there's a knock at the door.

"No promises." He teases by biting his bottom lip and I roll my eyes, heading through the kitchen.

"That must be Jimin and his hybrid!" I smile excitedly while I reach to open the door.

________________________________

it is 6:51 am and i am so damn tired but here's a chapter i promised one a day and insist on making sure i post before i sleep😩👍🏼