Chapter 14

Beam's POV

After the class, we all meet at the empty park of Medical Building. The three of us. I feel sad. Will this be the end of our friendship? I really hope Pha can forgive me, because I just can't let Yo go.

For a while nobody said anything. But I can't stand the silence. It's all had to be clear today.

"Ai Pha..."

"I don't understand, Ai Beam. Friends don't do what you did to me," said Phana, his voice is cold and hurt but his eyes are fiery.

I sighed.

"We love each other, Ai Pha." I said sofly. "I'm sorry, but I can't choose to whom I fall in love."

"You're my best friend. I never thought you could stab your best friend from behind like this!"

"In the beginning I was trying to make you see him, Ai Pha! Remember? I was trying to make you acknowledge him, to make you try to search for him, to follow him on social media. I even told you I could search for his number if you want!"

Phana shook his head. His eyes are still on fire. He seems like he wanted to kill me.

"I did that because I know he had a crush on you in high school. And even if you always denied, I knew you felt the same way too. So, I want my best friend and my little friend to be happy together." I took a deep breath. "But you always refused any suggestions. Your image is too precious for you to admit that you have feelings for a boy. So, I stopped trying."

"Damn you, Ai Beam!" Pha tighten his fists and seems ready to hit me. But Kit grabbed him and hold him tight so he cannot move.

"My feelings for Yo grew after I gave up to make you admit. We were become like brothers. He always came to me whenever he wanted to ask for advice. I called and texted him every day. I came to his graduation day. We celebrated that day together. And I realized there and then, I love him. Not as brothers. I want to be with him."

"Don't tell me that you drove 3 hours from campus, only to go to our previous high school for N'Yo's graduation day?" Kit seems astonished.

"That's right." I nod. "That was a day after our exam."

"So... instead of laying on the bed and rest after our deadly exam, you drove there?" Kit still making sure.

"Yes."

"And last Sunday," added Kit, "You drove 4 hours to the beach, to pick N'Yo, because you heard he got car sick."

"At this point, I will do anything for him," I said. "Even if I had to fight and died."

Bam!

Kit and I shocked.

Phana kicks the garbage can near us. His whole body trembled. "You tried to tell me, that because you did a lot for Wayo, you deserve him more? That I don't deserve him at all?" He accused.

I face Phana. I don't care anymore if he finally hit me. "I didn't mean to brag, Ai Pha. This is my true feelings. I love him so much, I'm willing to die for him." I said firmly. "How about you? Will you sacrifice anything for him? To be with him?"

"Yes!"

"Even if you must face the fact that you are gay? You will face backlash from every homophobe, maybe even including your family."

Pha opens his mouth, but close it again.

"If you really want to fight for N'Yo, let him decide then." I took a shaky breath. "Let him choose. Because I'm not giving up!"