Chapter 8

Wayo's POV

I didn't know what was going on with P'Beam. Ever since he picked me up from the beach, he ignored me. He didn't show up in the rehearsal building. He didn't call me at night. He didn't message me. And when I texted him, his answer is short and cold. I don't know what is my fault. I asked him so many times, but he always said he's busy, he couldn't talk to me, and any other excuses. I don't know what to do.

I couldn't help myself. When I see Pha came to the rehearsal during lunch time without his two best friends, I took the risk to go to him.

"Excuse me, Phi?" I wai-ed Pha politely.

"Yes?"

"Will P'Beam come today?" I asked nervously.

Pha narrows his eyes. "Why do you ask?"

I'm starting to get panic. "Umm... well... He rarely replies my message... so, I'm... I'm worry... Well, that's all. Sorry to bother you, Phi." I need to go before I embarrassed myself.

"Wait."

I grimaced and waited for the blow.

Pha seemed troubled and took a deep breath. "Look, N'Yo. I know that we didn't like each other. But Ai Beam is my best friend and you are his friend as well. So, I think we need to at least try not to hate each other. Don't you think?"

I looked at him in surprised. "Well P'Pha... I never hate you." I smiled hesitantly.

Pha stared at me weirdly, then sighed. He chuckled and ruffled my hair. "It's good then," he said. "By the way I will tell Ai Beam to read your message. Maybe he forgot to charge the phone. Damn him. You know he beat my score on the exam on Monday?" Pha pouts playfully. "He got the highest score, for the first time in our college history!"

I widened my eyes and exclaimed, "Really, Phi?"

"Yeah. That asshole," Pha huffed.

I laughed and feel so proud of P'Beam. It's not easy to beat Pha's score. He was known as the smartest in Medical Faculty.

"Well, go back to practice, Ai Shorty," laughed Pha.

"I'm not short!" I yelled at him and ran while laughing.

At least now Pha doesn't hate me anymore. But I'm still worry about P'Beam.

I decided to call him again, but it went straight to voicemail. So, I messaged him. He didn't reply. I'm starting to get scared. I called again a few times, but still no answer.

I finally called P'Kit.

Kit: Hey Nong Yo.

Yo: Hello Phi. Is P'Beam with you?

Kit didn't answer for a while, and when he speaks again, his voice sounds hesitate.

Kit: Yes, he is here. He can't talk to you right now.

Yo: Is everything okay, Phi?

Kit: Don't worry, N'Yo.

Suddenly, I heard P'Beam's voice.

"Tell him to stop calling me!"

The phone hung up.

I shocked. Is he really angry to me? What did I do?

"Ai Yo, come here and eat!" Ming came with our food box. He stopped when he saw my face. "Yo? Why are you crying?"

I touched my face. I didn't even realize that I was crying.

"Yo..."

"P'Beam hates me, Ai Ming." I stood up and ran to the toilet. I close the closet door and sobbed. This is worst than what happened in high school. I don't know what to do. With P'Pha, I kind of prepared for the rejection. P'Pha never talk to me, never show affection to me, so his rejection didn't hurt that much. But P'Beam always kind to me, always pays attention to me. I fall deeply this time. I fall and he didn't catch me. I want to die.