Chapter 12

Wayo's POV

"P'Pha!" I try to let go of my arm when we are out of everyone's sight.

Phana let me go and stare at me with the intensity that made me so afraid. My heart beats so fast. He doesn't look angry. But there is something in his eyes that makes me want to get the hell out of there, if only my legs are not shaking right now.

"Phi... what... what happened?"

"You are Wayo," whispered Phana. "My Nong Wayo..."

I gaped. "W... what?"

Phana reached and touch the rim of my glasses. I froze. My brain is not functioning right now. What is going on?

"All this time... I can't believe it..."

I stepped back. "Phi, what are you talking about? You scared me!"

Phana closed his eyes, as if trying to control himself. When he opened his eyes again, he looks a bit calm down. "We went to the same high school," he starts.

I nod slowly.

"You know I was your senior?"

I nod again.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

I look down. "You didn't recognize me, Phi. I thought you didn't know me at all. So, I didn't want to bother you."

"I didn't recognize you at all if it wasn't for those glasses. You have changed," Phana said softly. Then his facial expression changes, becoming stern. "But if you told me your full name, I would've known!"

I am confused now. Now he knows, but what difference does it make? "Then... I am sorry for being impolite to you, Phi." I wai-ed him.

"It's not about that, Nong Wayo!"

I jerked to hear such a frustration in his voice. I stared at him. He looks so desperate. I don't know why he looked like that. All I know is, I want to run and search for P'Beam. I need his strength, I need his warmth.

"Ai Yo!"

We turn to see Ming . Thank God. I feel relief, I almost cry.

Ming walked fast till he stands by my side and put his arms around me. "It's time to practice again," said Ming. He glanced at Phana. "Will you excuse us, P'Pha?" He wai-ed at Phana and gently push me to walk inside. I don't dare to look back. I know that Phana is still watching us. I almost can feel his gaze burning my back.

"Are you okay?" Ming whispered softly. "What does he want?"

"He... he knows that I was his junior at school. He asked me why I didn't tell him."

Ming frowned. "Why? What for?"

I shrugged. "I have no idea."

"Maybe you should tell P'Beam."

I shook my head. "I don't want him to be worry about this. The last time he thought I was thinking about P'Pha, he avoided me for three days." I shiver. "He cares about my happiness so much. If he thinks that I still have feelings for P'Pha, he will step back and let me go."

"His nobleness is infuriating," snorted Ming.

I couldn't agree more.

###

Beam's POV

I hung up the phone and go back to my food. I ate my lunch happily. I feel like walking in the cloud. My pad thai tastes like heaven. My coffee milk is so yummy. Everything seems so bright and airy.