Prologue

Note: If you see this story in any other platform, please be aware that it was an unauthorized publishing. I only publish this story on Wattpad and I never meant to make money with this story.

Please enjoy :)

###

"Let's say a guy likes you, will you reject them?"

"Yeah! Just thinking of it is giving me the creeps."

Wayo closes his eyes in despair listening to the conversation. He came to Phana's classroom to give him the gift, and to confess. But he ended up hearing those words. It feels like somebody punches him in the gut and it hurts so bad. His tears are falling. He needs to get out of there as quickly as possible, but he doesn't want to make a noise. So, he slowly steps back and goes to the nearby toilet.

He has been in love with Phana for quite some time. He liked seeing Phana played basketball with his friends. At first, he only admired Phana as junior admires his senior. But he doesn't know since when that admiration changes into something deeper. But Phana is in the senior year, and he doesn't have much time left to confess. He thought the last day of school will be a perfect day. He didn't expect anything, really. He will be satisfied enough with friendship. But now he guesses, Phana will not want to be friends with someone who gives him the creep.

Wayo tries to be silent, but once in a while, the sound of sobbing releases from his mouth. His sight is blurry and he feels so weak. He is no longer able to support his body, so he sits on the toilet floor. He lays his head on his knees and sobs.

"Hey Nong, what's the matter?"

Somebody kneels beside him and shakes his shoulder.

Wayo lifts his head and see a handsome face look at him with worry. Beam! It's one of Phana's best friend.

"I...it's okay, Phi..." Wayo tries to get up and get the hell out of there, but Beam grabs his hand and force him to stay.

"Nong, you are not okay," said Beam seriously. "Look at yourself in the mirror and tell me if it's okay."

Wayo takes a deep breath to calm down himself. Even without looking at the mirror, he knows he looks like a hot mess.

Beam frowns. He recognizes this boy immediately. Wayo Panitchayasawad, the son of one of the richest men in Thailand. The boy that somehow attracts his leader of the gang. A cute boy who always smiles and looks adorable even with thick glasses and braces. What is going on? What made this boy sad? Who made this boy sad?

Wayo tries to smile. "I'm okay now, Phi. Thank you. I'm going now." He wai (A/N Thai's gesture to pay respect to someone older) to Beam and gets ready to leave. But because his knees still wobbly, he slams the side of the sink and drops the box and the note**

**For the sake of my story, I decided not to include the envelop.

"Aww!"

"Careful, Nong," laughed Beam and he bends to help taking the box and the note. But his laughter ended quickly. The note is slightly open and he saw the word "P'Pha". He opens the note right away and read.

 He opens the note right away and read

"No Phi! Don't read..."

Beam looks at the boy. Now he knows what made the boy sobs like that. Wayo must have heard their conversation in the classroom before. Beam feels guilty. He was the one who asked that question to Phana. He really wanted to slap Phana's head for saying those hurtful words. But he knew that Phana is not ready to reveal his attraction to boys, and maybe he doesn't feel any attraction to another boy. Only this boy. If only he can explain it to Wayo, but it wasn't his place to say.

"Nong, I am so sorry..."

Wayo shakes his head. "No, Phi. It's not your fault." Wayo's eyes starts to watered again. "I was the one who's at fault. You can not force someone to like you." Yo smiles sadly. "But I will accept this and move on."

Beam stares at the cute face of the boy. His face is red and wet, his eyes are a bit swollen, his lips are shaking. Beam has never seen someone who looks so miserable yet adorable at the same time. He reaches his hand and ruffles the boy's hair. He smiles charmingly and saying something that will change everything.

"Nong Yo, do you want to be friends with me?"

###

This is my first attempt to write a fanfiction. English is not my first language and I don't have any beta reader to correct my grammar. So if there is any grammatical error, I apologize. 

I hope you guys enjoy it.