Chapter 7

Wayo's POV

I sit on the bench facing the ocean. I have packed my things. Ming was still busy tidying up his bag, so I told him I will wait outside. I didn't see anyone except some seniors who are busy with their notes. I told them that I want to sit near the beach for a while.

I feel the wind blows on my face. It is so refreshing. Maybe I can ask Daddy to take me to the beach for the next holiday. Hawaii seems interesting. Perhaps I can ask Ming and P'Beam to join too.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath when suddenly, I feel something cold touch my cheek. Startled, I open my eyes and turn my head.

"P'Beam!!"

P'Beam smiled and sit next to me. "I bought you a drink." He gives me a bottle of pink milk. I accept that, still confused.

"How did you..."

"Well, I couldn't stop thinking about what will happen to you if you go back by bus. So, this morning, I decided to just come here and pick you up. You will go back with me," said P'Beam.

"But, your exam?"

"I had enough study yesterday. And I will revise again tonight. Don't worry, N'Yo. I still want my reward." P'Beam chuckled and pinched my cheek.

I blushed.

I really never thought he will come all the way to pick me. He had to drive a long way to come here, and later another long way to go back. Why did he trouble himself like this for me? I feel so overwhelmed with gratitude, my eyes start to water.

"Hey... What's wrong?" P'Beam asked gently. "Are you okay? Why are you crying?"

I looked down to hide my face. "I'm not crying," I said, but my tear is falling.

"N'Yo..." P'Beam pulled me in his arms and hug me. I feel so safe and warm. I want to feel like this forever. I want to be with him, not as a brother, more than that. Does he feel the same way? I am afraid. After Pha, I am afraid to fall in love again. I am afraid to have another rejection. Because now I am greedy. I will not be satisfied by being his friend only. I want to be more.

P'Beam gently rub my head and whispering some soothing words. I take a deep breath and pull myself from his arm. I smile to show him that I'm alright.

He gazed at me. I see him open his mouth as if he wants to say something.

"Woy, P'Beam!" Ming ran towards us, confused. "You're here!"

P'Beam turn and laughed. "Yes. You and Baby Yo will come back with me, N'Ming."

Ming grins. "Ohooo... Baby Yo?"

I slap P'Beam's chest. "Stop it! I'm not a baby." My face feels hot.

P'Beam chuckled and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "I'm kidding, N'Yo. Don't be angry na?"

Ming clears his throat. "I think I will go by bus, Phi. I love traveling with bus actually," said Ming. "If I don't have to clean someone's vomit, though," he added slyly.

"Ai Ming!"

Ming laughed and wave his hand. "Okay you guys, have fun. Ai Yo, I will tell seniors that you go with P'Beam. I'll take your bag with me, okay?"

"Thanks, Ai Ming."

I watched Ming go and meet one of the seniors. He points at me and P'Beam. I and P'Beam smile and give a wai to the senior. She nods and smiles back. We watch the bus moving away.

"Let's go, N'Yo." P'Beam takes my hand and together we go to his car.

Beam's POV

I couldn't sleep thinking about Yo. I can't let him suffer again tomorrow. I decided that I will go to him. I know this is crazy. I need to study for my exam. The beach is 4 hour-drive. But people in love do crazy thing, right?

He was surprise to see me, of course. But I saw happiness in his eyes, and I knew I did the right thing. But then he cried. I don't know what's going on in his mind right now, so I just hug him. He smelled so good in my arms. I buried my nose in his hair and felt heaven. I just love him so much. Can you feel my love, Yo? Don't you know that I will do anything to make you happy? I want to be with you, I want your smile only for me, I want my future with you.

He pulled himself from my arms. His cheeks are pink and his eyes no longer has tears, instead, he looks at me and smiles shyly. He looks so cute and beautiful, I couldn't take my eyes off him. This is it. I will confess. I will let him know that I don't want to be his friend anymore. I don't want to be a big brother. I want him to be mine, for me to take care of, for me to cherish. For me to love.

"Woy P'Beam! You're here!"

Damn. I really want to strangle Ming right now. I force myself to smile and told Ming that I will take them home. Fortunately, Ming refused to go back with me. He winks at me and go to the bus.

"Let's go, N'Yo." I hold his hand and take him to the parking lot.

We rode in silence. I drove as slow as possible to avoid unnecessary movement. We didn't use air conditioner, instead I let him open the window. It helps a lot. Once in a while I took a glance at him, prepare to stop if he shows signs of sickness. So far, he is doing fine.

"Phi..."

"Hm?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

I'm waiting, but he didn't say anything. I glance at him and see him hesitates. He licks and bites his lips nervously. I gulped, suddenly I feel all my blood rushes to one particular spot. I really want to reach and stop himself from doing that. It's not good for my heart. I force myself to look straight to the front. Calm yourself, Asshole!

Finally, he said, "Mmm... Did... did P'Pha know you're picking me up?"

I froze. Pha.

"Hmm... I didn't tell him. Why?"

"I am afraid he will be upset," said Yo softly. "You are his best friend, and I am someone he hates. What will he think if he knows about this?"

You mean, will he be jealous? I should have known. Yo is still not over Pha. Is Yo worry that Pha will misunderstand about our friendship? Is this his way to tell me that we have to keep our distance? Is this his way to tell me that he doesn't want my love?

Yo sighed. "I don't want to cause trouble, Phi. I know you guys have been friends for so long. But now, because of me, you don't seem to hang out with him anymore." He turned to face me.

I clear my throat. I have made up my mind for a long time that Yo's happiness is all that matters. I always said that I will support him no matter what. So, if he still thinks about Pha, what else I can do? So, I smile.

"Don't worry N'Yo. We're okay."

We didn't talk anymore after that. I know that Yo glanced at me once in a while. I realized that I ignore him now, but my heart hurt so bad. Pha is his first crush. I knew I cannot compete with that. I shouldn't fall in love with him. I should just be his big brother. Damn my heart!

I took him back to his apartment. Ming is already there, waiting for us with a big smile that directly change into frown seeing my stoic face and Yo's nervousness. I made excuse to go and continue my study. I walk away without looking back. I just need some time. Maybe later, I can come back with a smile and go back to be his big brother.

###