Chapter 1

Wayo's POV

Today is the day I moved into my new apartment near the campus. After so much consideration, I decided to apply to Kantaphat University. Yes, I know. It's the same university as Phana Kongthanin, my crush. I didn't want to enroll here actually, but this is one of the best universities in Thai. Besides, my best friend Mingkwan also got accepted here. And I can see P'Beam as well. I applied to Science Faculty, quite far from P'Pha's faculty (according to P'Beam).

Ever since that horrible day, I kept in contact with P'Beam. He really meant what he said about being my friend. At first, I thought he just wanted to cheer me up. He was known as a nice guy. Well, he was a Casanova. He breaks women's heart, but he was so gentle about that. I never heard any girls who used to date him, hate him. He maintained a good relationship with his exes. And when he rejects someone's confession, he rejects gently. That's what I admire about him.

P'Beam asked me if I need help with moving my things, but I already got help form my dad's worker, so I kindly rejected his offer. He also just got back to his dorm, surely he has a lot of things to do now. Especially 2 weeks from now, we start the new semester.

"Young Master, let me carry it," said P'Gun, one of my dad's worker (bodyguard actually, but I pretend he is not). He looks worry seeing me trying to carry the box by myself. Sometimes, they still see me as a cute baby.

"It's okay, Phi. It's not heavy at all."

My dad's workers get ready to leave, but not without saying a few words. They told me to call them right away whenever I need help. I give a wai to them and wave good bye. When the van starts to move, P'Gun shout from the front window, "Don't forget to call the Boss!"

"Hahaha... alright Phi!"

"Seriously, Young Master. Your dad will be angry to us," said P'Gun with shudder.

Really, my dad's workers are the funniest ever. If you look at their appearance, you would've never thought they will scare to anyone. They have big body, bulging muscles, scary looking face (think about 'Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson). Only two things that made them cowered: my dad's lifted eye brow and my pout.

When the car is out of my sight, I prepare to lift the only box that's left and go to my room. But I heard someone muttered, "Got servants to move, what a spoiled boy."

I turn around. There he is. Phana Kongthanin with all his glory. Handsome, tall, athletic, sweaty after... I don't know, playing basketball maybe? I swallowed nervously. Then I frown. What he said earlier makes me remember how I felt the day I almost confess. I give him the creeps. Now he said I was spoiled. Who does he think he is?

"Are you talking about me?"

He turns around to face me. "You obviously a spoiled rich kid," he said boringly. "A bit of advice from your senior, Shorty. You will not survive if you're still depend on your parents. Learn to take care of yourself."

"Who do you call Shorty? I am 178 cm."

He smirks. "Still shorter than me."

I feel like my blood is boiling, but he IS my senior. So, I just take a deep breath and walk past him without giving a wai. I don't care, I just want to get out of there. I should be happy seeing him again, I never thought I could get the same apartment as him. But I never knew he could be so rude and judgmental. I guess I really don't know the real him. It's not going to be difficult to move on, just remember that he is not perfect after all.

Beam's POV

"Ai Pha didn't recognize you?"

Geez... I didn't know that my best friend could be that stupid! How could he not remember Wayo? Our gang used to follow him all the time. Even if Pha didn't admit it, he always felt protective towards the boy. Yes, he said again and again that he is not gay, that he likes girls, and so on and so forth, but Kit and I are not blind. It's true that now Wayo looks different. Wayo is slimmer, it doesn't mean that he was fat or anything, but when he was in high school, he could be considered chubby. Now he is slim with some muscles in the right places. His face is clear now, thanks to an expensive dermatologist. He has beautiful milky skin that makes girls jealous. His lips are pink and pouty, makes you wondering what it tastes like (oww you pervert!). The braces are gone too, leaving perfect white and straight teeth.

I kept my promise to be his friend. By being his friend, it means also being friends with Mingkwan. I am so grateful for Mingkwan. He is always be with Yo. Their friendship is like mine with Kit. Thinking about Kit makes me feel guilty. I haven't told Kit that I am friends with Yo and Mingkwan now. I mean, I didn't try to hide it, but I don't feel the need to tell him. My friendship with Yo doesn't affect my time with Kit and Pha, so it's just never came up.

The more I knew Yo, the more I felt that maybe my best friend doesn't deserve him. Don't get me wrong, I love my best friends. But Pha can be so rude and annoying sometimes. He loves me and Kit, but he is also bossy and demanding. If only I don't remember our longtime friendship, I don't know how many times I want to leave him.

We have video call session tonight, like we always did after we became friends. He told me all about today. How Pha insulted him and how he felt so angry towards Pha. I really wanted to be there and kicked Pha's butt.

"I don't think so, Phi. He didn't seem to recognize me. Maybe he didn't even know I exist during high school hahaha...."

"Of course, he knew you, N'Yo."

"Am I really that different, Phi? I mean, you didn't see me for months before you came on my graduation day. But you directly knew it was me."

I smiled. I remember that graduation day. It was a day after my exam. Yo invited me to come and of course I wouldn't miss it for the world. So, there I was, woke up at 5 in the morning, got shower, jumped on my car and drive for 3 hours to reach our high school. I met Wayo's and Mingkwan's parents, sat together with them during the ceremony. I felt so proud seeing my little nong graduated from high school.

We had fun after that. I took both of them to amusement park the next day. We spent the whole day together. Just having fun and being silly. That was one of the best days of my life. That was the day when I realized that I like Yo more than just a little brother. But I couldn't say anything, I didn't want to confuse him. All I can do is be there for him.

"Hahaha N'Yo, your P'Beam is the greatest you know. You can't put me in the same place as mere mortal."

"Silly P'Beam." Yo smiles so sweetly on the screen. Aaargh... I really want to hug him right now!

"Enough about Ai Pha. Now, have you done arranging your room? Did you bring all your One Piece collection?

"Well of course, Phi! I can't live without Luffy hahahaha..."

I desperately wanted to ask about his 'Phana's Shrine'. Yes, I know about that. He didn't hide it from me and Mingkwan. After all, I know him because I saw him crying over Phana. I wonder if he brought the shrine with him. But I guess I soon find out when I go to his apartment. And I will go there sooner or later.

We talked for another hour and I see him stifling his yawn. I look at the clock. It's almost 11 p.m. So, I asked him to go to sleep because tomorrow he has to be in campus for the early briefing. The real lessons will start in two weeks, but freshmen need to come to have orientation.

"Good night, P'Beam."

"Good night, N'Yo."

###