loving them

i took the afternoon off today since i wasn't feeling great. i've been home on the couch watching tv when katelyn walks in the door with brooke. brookes nose is bleeding and she's crying.

josh: what happened??

i rush over and look at her nose.

katelyn: someone hit her she says.

i hug my daughter tightly.

brooke: d- daddy

i hug her again.

josh: why don't we go get you cleaned up baby

i pick her up and carry her to the bathroom setting her on the sink. i get a tissue and wipe her little nose.

josh: what happened?
brooke: a- a boy hit me
josh: why?

she shrugs.

josh: well are you okay?

she nods and hugs me. i stand up holding her and head to the living room.

katelyn: feel better brooke. i should be going
brooke: no stay mommy
josh: ya will you stay? i need to go run a few errands
katelyn: ya sure-
brooke: no you stay too daddy

brooke looks between kate and i hoping we'll give in. i haven't really spent much time with kate and i wasn't planning on it.

josh: fine as long as it's okay with mommy

brooke looks to kate and gives her puppy dog eyes.

kate: alright *smiles

i set brooke down.

brooke: can we go swim?
josh: sure

brooke runs to her room to change.

josh: um your old bathing suits are up in your old room. if you can't fit into them you can just borrow one of jess's

she nods and goes upstairs. i go change into my swim trunks and put on a baseball cap backwards to keep my hair back. once outside, brooke comes out holding kates hand. katelyn is in one of her old bathing suits. it was one of my favorites she would wear. just a plain black one and it still fits perfectly. i had no clue i was staring at her until i heard brooke yell.

brooke: come on daddy!

it took everything in me to pull my eyes away from her and get in the pool.

katelyns pov~

after changing into my bathing suit, i head outside where josh and brooklyn are. my eyes are immediately attracted to josh's abs. slowly they move down a bit to the slight bulge in his swim trunks. i notice that he's looking at me and my cheeks turn red. my stomach erupts with butterflies like it always used to do around him. i pull my gaze away from him when i remember he's engaged. dammit.

•••

josh's pov~

after hours of spending time with kate and brooke, we finally got brooke to sleep. she's in her room sleeping while kate and i drink at the table.

katelyn: i missed this. you know- us hanging out
josh: honestly i did too

she smiles at me and ughhh my heart just fucking melts. i love her-

JOSH SHUT THE FUCK UP! YOUR ENGAGED TO JESS AND YOU LOVE HER!

josh: i'm glad brooke asked you to stay too *laughs
katelyn: ya so am i *laughs

•••

she just left and now i'm laying in bed staring in the ceiling. i love katelyn and i can't keep denying it. but i love jess. what the hell am i gonna do?

••••••••••••••••••••