announcement

it's the day that jess and i are telling stella and brooke that we're actually engaged. i know that i already talked to brooke about me asking jess to marry me, but they don't know that it's actually gonna happen. and i'm also not sure how brooke is gonna take it now that katelyn is back. we're taking the girls to dinner at their favorite pizza place, then taking them to get icecream. jess and stella arrive at the house and we send the girls off to play while we talk.

jess: how do you think they're gonna take it?
josh: i'm not sure. i hope we'll but- brookes been kinda weird since katelyn turned up

she hugs me.

jess: how are you taking all this?
josh: i'm fine. i'm excited for a life with you

she cocks her eyebrow at me.

jess: you know that's not what i was talking about.

i sigh.

josh: fine. i don't know it's all kinda weird. i don't want her around though.
jess: you should let her get to know broo-
josh: no

i know that if i let katelyn around brooke that means she's gonna be around me. if i'm around kate i don't trust myself. i'll either scream or kiss her. i don't wanna do either. why did she have to come back? my life was finally doing really good.

•••

we finished dinner and are now getting icecream. me brooke and stella have chocolate but jess has strawberry.

jess: girls we have some news.

they look at us confused and jess grabs my hand.

josh: we are getting married.
jess: and stella we're moving in with josh and brooke

stella looks shocked but brooke looks sad. she said she was okay with it.

•••

brooke didn't say anything in the car. not even after jess and stella left. i go up to her room to tuck her in and she's watching tv.

josh: hey princess. bed time.

she pulls her covers up and lays down facing away from me.

josh; don't i get a kiss?

she doesn't answer. i go to the other side of the bed and once again she turns the opposite way of me.

josh: brooklyn

she still doesn't look at me. i sigh and kiss the back of her head before going to the door.

josh: i love you

she doesn't respond which honestly- crushes me inside. once i exit her room i go downstairs to my room and take a shower. after washing my hair and body, i just stand in the warm steamy water thinking. is brooke really this upset with me marrying jess? she said it was okay. but i guess that was before kate came back. brooke has been quiet since she got here. does she wanna get to know her mom?

••••••••••••••••