through his eyes

REINER BRAUN'S
POV,

I straightened my posture, watching Y/N Smith through my mirrors reflection as she carefully smoothed a crease in my shirt. She ran her palms against my crisp, white shirt - talking to me slowly to ease my anxiety for my dinner with Christa Lenz.

"Do you have your wallet?" The girl reminded me whilst brushing her fingertips over my head to smooth out the blonde strands of hair.

I nodded in response to her question.

"And, you remembered your jacket?"

I tilted my head towards a casual jacket that had been propped against my bunk, letting out a slow sigh: "Christa said that she would meet me here in," I anxiously glanced towards the clock above the door, "Five minutes. Fuck, I'm so nervous."

"It's unlike you to get nervous." Y/N's eyes met with mine suddenly as her pretty gaze softened, "Are you still planning to tell her how you feel?"

"I'm definitely going to tell her how I feel," I shortly replied, lifting my jacket and pulling it over my shoulders: "I can't keep putting it off, I need to just get it over with."

"I see."

I wasn't planning on dressing my best for Christa Lenz, but Y/N had adamantly insisted that I needed to 'dress to impress' - whatever that's supposed to mean. She had even chosen my outfit after waking me up by ripping my blankets off of me in my sleep.

I swallowed as the door knocked, signalling that Christa had arrived.

The girl in front of me gave me a queasy, nervous expression as the dorm-door knocked. I assumed that she was nervous for me, and assured Y/N that I was not worried about the date - if anything, I was excited to tell Christa how I felt about her after keeping it inside for so long.

I placed my hand against her head, ruffling her hair to try and earn that smile I had grown so enamoured by. It worked and Y/N beamed brightly: easing any anxiety I had previously felt without even having to try.

I opened my arms for Y/N to hug me, hoping that her hug would bring me good luck. She nestled her head into my chest, enfolding her arms around my waist to pull me in: her touch was gentle and sweet. I rested my chin against her head whilst wrapping my arms around her shoulders. I squeezed her body instinctively, wanting to feel her closer against me.

"Good luck today, Braun." She looked up at me through her lashes with a faint smile: "You'll need it. Christa is out of your league by miles."

"Dick." I rolled my eyes back whilst holding back my smile, "And, just for a second, I thought you were trying to be nice."

Y/N chuckled whilst beginning to walk me towards the door, "Don't get your hopes up next time."

I reluctantly began to twist the knob whilst Y/N sheepishly hid behind the door.

I smiled warmly at the blonde girl outside. "Good morning, Christa." I stepped outside of the room as Christa bowed her head sheepishly.

"Good morning, Reiner," She took my arm, beginning to lead me away from my dormitory, "Are you ready to head into the Main Town? I was hoping that maybe we could go to the canal and we could have a talk."